Selected Reading On Pest Control
- Procedure code:
- Preservation Technology Source Book
- Pest Control
- Last Modified:
Technical Procedures Disclaimer
Prior to inclusion in GSA’s library of procedures, documents are reviewed by one or more qualified preservation specialists for general consistency with the Secretary of Interior Standards for rehabilitating historic buildings as understood at the time the procedure is added to the library. All specifications require project-specific editing and professional judgement regarding the applicability of a procedure to a particular building, project or location. References to products and suppliers are to serve as a general guideline and do not constitute a federal endorsement or determination that a product or method is the best or most current alternative, remains available, or is compliant with current environmental regulations and safety standards. The library of procedures is intended to serve as a resource, not a substitute, for specification development by a qualified preservation professional.
We’ve reviewed these procedures for general consistency with federal standards for rehabilitating historic buildings and provide them only as a reference. Specifications should only be applied under the guidance of a qualified preservation professional who can assess the applicability of a procedure to a particular building, project or location. References to products and suppliers serve as general guidelines and do not constitute a federal endorsement nor a determination that a product or method is the best alternative or compliant with current environmental regulations and safety standards.
SELECTED READING ON PEST CONTROL
This standard includes a listing of some known sources that may be referenced for additional information on specific issues relating to this subject.
- Briscoe, Frank.;"Wood-Destroying Insects." The Old-House;Journal, March/April 1991, pp. 34-39.
- Gagne, Cole. "Eureka! Solutions to the Pigeon Problem." The Old-House Journal, June 1981, pp. 136-137.
- Labine, Clem. "Insects that Eat Houses." The Old-House Journal, June 1981, pp. 129-132.
- Moody, Dwight D. "Wings in the Dark." The Old-House Journal, July/August 1991, pp. 42-44.
- Technical Staff, OHJ. "Bats in the House." The Old-House Journal, October 1980, p. 150.
- Marer, Patrick J., and Mark Grimes. Wood Preservation - Pesticide Application Compendium 3. Oakland, CA:;university of California,
- Statewide Integrated Pest; Management Project, Division of Agriculture and Natural ;Resources, 1992. -
- Weaver, Martin E., with F. G. Matero. Conserving Buildings:;Guide to Techniques and Materials. New York: John Wiley Sons, Inc., 1993.