Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI)
The Data Center Optimization Initiative (DCOI) policy helps federal agencies meet OMB requirements to consolidate and modernize IT infrastructure. This policy sets aggressive targets for agencies to improve their data centers by the end of FY18. As Managing Partner, the Office of Government-wide Policy (OGP) oversees the DCOI Program Management Office (PMO). The DCOI PMO helps agencies comply with federal policies impacting data center and IT infrastructure optimization by acquiring technologies, tools, and evidence-based best practices.
DCOI & Data Center Resources
Not sure how to help your agency take that first step toward optimization? Check out DCOI & Data Center Resources to help you figure out the best path forward.
Join the DCOI Community of Practice (CoP)
Connect with data center colleagues virtually and in-person to share insights and knowledge on:
- Data center infrastructure management
- Facility oversight and optimization
- New technologies
- Shared services marketplace participation
To join the DCOI listserv/CoP:
- Click on email@example.com.
- Remove signature block.
- In the email message body, type:
- subscribe datacenters [First Name] [Last Name], [Position Title]
- Ex: subscribe datacenters John Doe, Cloud Migration Manager
- Leave the email subject field empty.
- Send the message. You will receive a confirmation email once added to the listserv.
- Only those with a ".gov" or ".mil" email may join. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request to join using another official federal email address.
Moving To the Cloud
We offer resources to help agencies identify best practices for migrating to the cloud, versus maintaining on-premise hardware within their local network.
Download DCOI's (IaaS) Considerations for the Data Center Community [PDF - 184 KB]. This white paper shares successes, lessons learned, and insight from agencies about cloud adoption.
Contact us at email@example.com for additional information or help to integrate cloud into your DCOI strategy.
Data Center Migration, Consolidation, and Closure
We offer resources to help agencies migrate, consolidate, and close data centers by using new organizational and communication strategies, and aligning resources for these strategies.
Download the DCOI Guide for Data Center Migration, Consolidation, and Closure [PDF - 184 KB]. This guide provides best practices to successfully manage these strategies and avoid potential pitfalls.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.