How to Protect Your GSA Access Card

For best protection and to maintain warranty, please keep your GSA Access Card in the original issued badge holder. Do not mark on, punch holes in or bend your Card. Avoid storing your Card in areas subject to excessive heat (e.g. clothes dryer) or in direct sunlight (e.g. car dashboard).

Safeguard Your Personal Identification Number (PIN)

Never write down your PIN or share it with anyone.

  • You do not need to change your PIN, unless you want to change it
  • If you forget your PIN or would like to change it, schedule an activation appointment at a USAccess activation station using the USAccess scheduling tool and clicking the “Make an appointment” button under "Schedule"

Report a Lost Card

Immediately notify:

  • Your supervisor
  • Security Office
  • GSA IT Service Desk
  • Your regional Office of Mission Assurance (OMA) Point of Contact (POC) or Central Office HSSO POC

Immediately contact GSA’s IT Service Desk at 866-450-5250 to complete a security incident report if you have been provided a government furnished laptop. You will also need to notify your supervisor and security office, as they will notify the appropriate people for a replacement card. Contractors will additionally need to notify your Regional OMA POC or Central Office HSSO POC. They will provide you with the Lost or Stolen GSA Access Card Replacement Request form to be signed by your supervisor, notify the appropriate people for a replacement card, and order a replacement card. You will NOT need to go through the enrollment process again to receive an updated card. Until you receive your replacement card, you will follow the local visitor access policy to enter agency buildings.

The Office of Mission Assurance (OMA) HSPD-12 Branch will be notified by your POC to terminate your lost card to prevent others from using it. No one can access your limited encrypted information on the card after it is terminated.

Last Reviewed: 2020-05-27