Guidance on Issuing GWAC Task Orders
Acquisitions should follow these basic steps:
- Plan the acquisition;
- Define requirements and develop the solicitation;
- Issue solicitations and offer fair opportunity (unless there is an exception);
- Evaluate proposals;
- Document award, debriefings, and protests; and,
- Administer and close out the order.
View ordering guides
The ordering guides below define roles and responsibilities for the GWAC ordering process and provide helpful instructions for using GSA's GWACs.
- Alliant 2 Ordering Guide [PDF - 639 KB] - A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Alliant 2 GWAC.
- Alliant Ordering Guide [PDF - 560 KB] - A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Alliant GWAC.
- SBGWAC Ordering Guide [PDF - 531 KB] - A guide for ordering and administering task orders under the Small Business GWACs, including 8(a) STARS II, Alliant Small Business and VETS 2.
When using any interagency contract, your agency's internal ordering process takes precedence. If you are the issuing agency's ordering contracting officer, it is your responsibility to know of agency-specific policies for issuing orders on contract vehicles.