Software Agreement BPA Resources
These Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and GSA documents explain how to use Software BPAs and how they affects software acquisitions. Some of these documents refer to the program by its previous name, SmartBUY.
- SmartBUY blanket purchase agreement (BPA) template [DOC - 182 KB]
Sample SmartBUY agreement template for industry partners.
- Electronic Records Management Tools [PDF - 55 KB]
Encourages agencies to use SmartBUY’s records management software agreement to comply with federal records management mandates.
- Oracle SmartBUY Agreement [PDF - 75 KB]
OMB memo announcing the agreement with Oracle USA, Inc.
- SmartBUY Waiver Process [DOC - 39 KB]
GSA will notify federal agencies 30 days before we are about to award a new SmartBUY contract. After that, agencies are expected to refrain from entering into agreements within that market category, line of business, or the identified software title without a waiver from GSA. This document describes the process to request a waiver.
- Interim SmartBUY Procedures [PDF - 22 KB]
Directions for agencies to use while the SmartBUY program ramps up. Agencies should use SmartBUY for all software requirements covered by a specific agreement, check with GSA before entering into other agreements, and notify GSA of any upcoming large software purchases.
- Maximizing Use of SmartBUY and Avoiding Duplication of Agency Activities with the President's 24 E-Gov Initiatives [PDF - 85 KB]
Clarifies what agencies should do to prepare for SmartBUY, including: 1. Giving GSA a list of upcoming software acquisitions. 2. Ask to renegotiate current software contracts to include yearly options.
- Bush Administration Moves to Get Volume Discounts on Software [PDF - 86 KB]
OMB’s announcement of the SmartBUY software initiative and its anticipated benefits.
- Reducing Cost and Improving Quality in Federal Purchases of Commercial Software [PDF - 45 KB]
Establishes the SmartBUY initiative.