Enterprise Mobility Management
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) consists of a collective set of tools and services used to centralize management and maintenance of mobile devices. EMM addresses the combination of security and management solutions for devices, applications, data, and content.
GSA and the cross-government mobile services category team created an EMM functional requirements [DOCX - 86 KB] document to help agencies better understand this area of mobility.
Enterprise Mobility Management services are designed to:
- Enable wireless assets to become fully integrated components of the IT enterprise;
- Improve security, integration, and mobile application adoption;
- Securely manage mobile devices and platforms;
- Increase access to data, applications, and services; and
- Comply with federal policies and administrative initiatives.
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) - A cohesive set of tools, software, and service capabilities for provisioning, management, security, and control of mobile endpoint functionality, its applications, features, and content.
- Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) - A subscription-based, mobile endpoint management service suite enabling the endpoint to be acquired, managed, and utilized as a service. Service provider retains asset ownership and provides service regarding asset issuance, endpoint performance management, service plan management, mobility management software, and support services into a full solution that minimizes prior device-centric costs and operations.
- Mobile Backend-as-a-Service (MBaaS) - Mobile application development and delivery service comprised of platform, tools, services, and libraries to develop, integrate, test and publish mobile applications to backend cloud storage and processing resources.
- Mobility infrastructure - Includes mobile infrastructure equipment for implementing mobile solutions or enhancing wireless communications. Also includes end-points and miscellaneous hardware if included with a mobile solution(s) or service.
- Telecom Expense Management (TEM) - Enterprise solutions that support the lifecycle management of mobility and telecom-related assets.
See available sources of supply for the Wireless Mobility Solutions TEMS Category (SIN 132-53 subcategory 6). Industry partners who would like to be added should complete the Modification Checklist [DOCX - 20 KB].