Use the Wireless Savings Calculator [XLSX - 324 KB] to conduct initial pricing research for the FSSI Wireless program. The FSSI Wireless Savings Calculator is a downloadable Excel-based spreadsheet that presents the potential savings outcomes based on different wireless usage profiles using the lowest awarded prices to-date by each FSSI industry partner.
The Wireless Savings Calculator is an aid, not a substitute, for a Request for Information (RFI) and quotes from our industry partners. Use these resources to gather pricing information.
This tool will help you:
- Calculate the average cost/device, expected total cost and potential savings;
- Account for the device mix and different usage profiles; and
- Compare this to the average pricing and optimized pricing found against competed agreements against the FSSI Wireless BPAs.
Download the Wireless Savings Calculator
This tool uses actual prices paid for specific contract line item numbers (CLINs) under the FSSI Wireless Program.
Wireless Savings Calculator [XLSX - 324 KB]
Current Usage and Considerations
To help collect this data, we use the Data Survey Template [XLSX - 36 KB] to do an internal audit. You can also use this information to describe to vendors total devices, usage attributes, and locations when it comes to developing your Request for Quotations (RFQ).
The results display in a color-coded banner box on the right side of the screen. The banner box summarizes FSSI wireless pricing and suggests next steps. The table below the banner box presents five pricing metrics. Each metric shows the average and the best pricing currently available to meet your needs.
Pricing results are optimized to achieve the lowest cost outcome based on usage levels, vendor-specific plans, and the lowest awarded price to-date by each vendor.
- Expected Monthly Wireless Spend ($) – This is the expected equivalent monthly costs using the FSSI Wireless program. Compare this with your current average monthly costs in Step 3.
- Average Price / Device per Month ($) – This is the comparable average monthly price per device using FSSI-Wireless.
- Savings / Device per Month ($) – The difference between your current average monthly price/device and the expected FSSI-Wireless average price/device.
- Percentage (%) Savings – Savings expressed on a percentage basis (Savings/Current Average Price).
- Annual Savings ($) – Monthly savings annualized across the base of all devices.