Local Telecommunications Services
Originally set to expire on or before May 2020, GSA extended the current telecommunications contracts until May 2023. Agencies should focus on meeting transition-related timelines noted below. Use of the extended contracts will be further restricted by the limitations process and the freeze on modifications and orders. Read more about this in the letter to all Agency Transition Sponsors [PDF - 139 KB] from GSA's Assistant Commissioner Bill Zielinski.
- -- October 1, 2020: Freeze on modifications to Networx and WITS3 and on orders for the Local Service Contracts.
- -- March 31, 2021: 50% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- March 31, 2022: 90% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- September 30, 2022: 100% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- May 31, 2023: Networx, WITS3, and Local Service telecom contracts expire.
GSA’s current full service model (formerly regional services Regions 1 through 10 local service agreements) requires interagency agreements according to FAR Subpart 17.5—Interagency Acquisitions.
Our Local Telecommunications Services offer pre-competed Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) telecommunications and network services. These include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and local and global telephone service. Learn more about our products and services.
HOW TO ORDER
Find out How to Order Local Telecommunications product and service offerings.
Learn the basics of what the Local Telecommunications programs offer.
Weighing options? Compare against the benefits.
Browse resources available for technical help and resources for moving to EIS.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/localtelecom.