Local Telecommunications Services
EIS Transition: Telecom Contracts Extended Until May 2023
Here's the new timeline:
- October 1, 2020, Freeze on modifications to Networx and WITS3 and orders for the Local Service Contracts begins
- March 31, 2021, 50% of your agency's telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- March 31, 2022, 90% of your agency's telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- September 30, 2022, 100% ofyour agency's telecom inventory must be moved to EIS
- May 31, 2023 Networx, WITS3, and Local Service telecom contracts expire.
Learn about the restrictions and limitations on extended contracts in this letter to all Agency Transition Sponsors
- NEW: Read the Project Plan for Closeout of Transition [PDF - 3 MB] to EIS to understand GSA's approach for enforcing the eligibility condition for the extension of the expiring contracts and ensuring all services are disconnected from the expiring contracts by May 2023. The Networks Authorized User List (NAUL) [XLSX - 88 KB] specifies the agencies authorized by GSA to use the extended contracts (see Section H.2.3a and b of those contracts). As GSA implements the Closeout Project, the NAUL is revised and updated here.
GSA’s current full service model (formerly regional services Regions 1 through 10 local service agreements) requires interagency agreements according to FAR Subpart 17.5—Interagency Acquisitions.
Our Local Telecommunications Services offer pre-competed Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) telecommunications and network services. These include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and local and global telephone service. Learn more about our products and services.
HOW TO ORDER
Find out How to Order Local Telecommunications product and service offerings.
Learn the basics of what the Local Telecommunications programs offer.
Weighing options? Compare against the benefits.
Browse resources available for technical help and resources for moving to EIS.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/localtelecom.