Local Telecommunications Services
All agencies using Networx, WITS 3, and Local Telecommunications contracts must transition to Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) contracts or another vehicle according to the following schedule:
- March 31, 2022: 90% of agencies telecom inventory must be off expiring contracts and moved to EIS
- September 30, 2022: 100% of agencies telecom inventory must be off expiring contracts and moved to EIS
- September 30, 2022: Agencies sign Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) for Continuity of Service period
- November 1, 2022 - May 31, 2023: Contractors disconnect agencies without MOUs
- May 31, 2024: Continuity of Service period ends for agencies with signed MOUs
Use of the extended contracts will be further restricted by the limitations process and the freeze on modifications and orders. Read more about this in the letter to all Agency Transition Sponsors [PDF - 189 KB] from FAS Assistant Commissioner Laura Stanton.
- We update the Networks Authorized User List (NAUL) April 24. 2023 [XLSX - 88 KB] of agencies authorized to use the extended contracts (see Section H.2.3a and b of those contracts) as we enforce the eligibility condition for the extension of expiring contracts. In preparation for the Continuity of Service period, we prepared a Preliminary NAUL [XLSX - 83 KB] to indicate the agencies that will be authorized to use the Continuity of Service Period and those that will be removed from the NAUL in May 2023.
- Review GSA's Full Service Transition Plan [PDF - 4 MB] for updates on local number portability and coordination with Public Buildings Service (PBS)
GSA's current full service model (formerly regional services Regions 1 through 10 local service agreements) requires interagency agreements according to FAR Subpart 17.5—Interagency Acquisitions.
Our Local Telecommunications Services offer pre-competed Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) telecommunications and network services. These include Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), and local and global telephone service.
How to Order
Find out How to Order Local Telecommunications product and service offerings.
- Visit the Telecommunications Hallway on the Acquisition Gateway to find all of GSA's telecommunications offerings
Learn the basics of what the Local Telecommunications programs offer.
- Products and Services
- WITS 3
- Acquisition Assistance
Weighing options? Compare against the benefits.
- Learn more about Local Telecommunications benefits
Browse resources available for technical help and resources for moving to EIS.
- Local Telecommunications National Helpdesk
- Watch What is Transition? video on YouTube
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/localtelecom.