How to Order Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
Which contract option is best for your requirement?
- For solutions requiring bandwidth, equipment, and engineering services, choose Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions (CS3)
- For Mobile Services such as Inmarsat BGAN, choose MAS Subscription Services
- For Satellite bandwidth only, choose MAS Transponded Capacity
Note: if you are a Department of Defense (DOD) customer, buy SATCOM services through DISA/DITCO.
Ordering from Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions (CS3)
You have two options to order from CS3:
With either option, you must use fair opportunity when issuing task orders under CS3 by providing equal consideration to all industry partners.
Your Agency Competes and Awards the Task Order
When using any interagency contract, your agency’s internal ordering process and policies take precedence.
- Fill out the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) form. The DPA clearly establishes the roles and responsibilities between the procuring officer (PCO) and the ordering contracting officer (OCO).
- Assess your agency’s requirements. Contact ITCSC@gsa.gov for help with defining your SATCOM needs.
- Develop the statement of work (SOW). Create a SOW; or statement of objectives (SOO). We can review your SOW or SOO to ensure it is within the scope of CS3.
- Issue the solicitation. First identify contracts that have accepted the Section 889 mass modification clause using the Modification Dashboard. Then, ensure fair opportunity per FAR part 16.505. The best way to do this is via eBuy. For more information, view the CS3 Ordering Guide [PDF - 1 MB].
- Evaluate proposals. Follow your agency's policies to evaluate proposals.
- Make the award and manage the task order. Follow your agency's policies for awarding and managing the task order.
GSA Competes and Awards the Task Order
Through our Assisted Acquisition Services, we can order and manage the task order for you.
Ordering from MAS Information Technology
MAS Information Technology has two satellite categories:
- Transponded Capacity, which includes dedicated bandwidth on a commercial communications satellite.
- Subscription Services, which include subscriptions to pre-existing, pre-engineered satellite solutions, including service plans and terminals.
State, Local, and Tribal Governments
State, local, and tribal governments can use the Cooperative Purchasing Program to buy from MAS Information Technology.
Learn more about ordering from MAS Information Technology: