How to Order Satellite Communications (SATCOM)
Which contract option is best for your requirement?
- For solutions requiring bandwidth, equipment, and engineering services, choose Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions (CS3)
- For Mobile Services such as INMARSAT BGAN, choose IT Schedule 70 Subscription Services
- For Satellite bandwidth only, choose IT Schedule 70 Transponded Capacity
For Department of Defense (DOD) customers
All DOD customers should go through Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO). DISA/DITCO uses eBuy to notify industry partners of potential and current requirements through synopses, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
You have two options to order from CS3:
- Your agency competes and awards the task order
- GSA competes and awards the task order
Your agency competes and awards the task order
When using any interagency contract, your agency’s internal ordering process takes precedence. If you are the ordering contracting officer, it is your responsibility to know of agency-specific policies for issuing orders on contract vehicles.
- Fill out the Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) form
Note: DPA's are only required for CS3.
To use Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions, you need to get a Delegation of Procurement Authority (DPA) from GSA. The DPA clearly establishes the roles and responsibilities between the procuring officer (PCO) and the ordering contracting officer (OCO).
- Assess your agency’s requirements
Contact us via IT customer support for help with defining your SATCOM needs.
- Develop the statement of work
Create a statement of work (SOW) or statement of objectives (SOO). If you request it, we will review your SOW or SOO to ensure it is within the scope of CS3.
- Issue the solicitation
Ensure fair opportunity in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) part 16.505. The best way to do this is via eBuy.
For more information, view the CS3 Ordering Guide [PDF - 1 MB].
- Evaluate proposals
Follow your agency's policies to evaluate proposals.
- Make the award and manage the task order
Follow your agency's policies for awarding and managing the task order.
GSA competes and awards the task order
Through GSA's assisted services, we can order and manage the task order on your behalf, allowing you to focus on your mission-critical tasks. Please contact Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS) to learn more.
With either option, you must use fair opportunity when issuing task orders under CS3 by providing equal consideration to all industry partners.
Ordering from IT Schedule 70
IT Schedule 70 features two satellite categories:
- Transponded Capacity, which includes dedicated bandwidth on a commercial communications satellite.
- Subscription Services, which include subscriptions to pre-existing, pre-engineered satellite solutions, including service plans and terminals.
Learn more about ordering from IT Schedule 70: