The Economic Model (EM) assists agencies in conducting initial pricing research using the FSSI Wireless BPAs.
The FSSI Wireless Economic Model is a downloadable Excel-based spreadsheet that presents the potential savings outcomes based on different wireless usage profiles using the lowest awarded prices to-date by each FSSI Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) industry partner.
The Economic Model (EM) is an aid, not a substitute, for a Request for Information (RFI) and quotes from our industry partners. Use these resources to gather pricing information. When you’re ready to order, visit How to Order and consult the industry partners or their specific BPAs for ordering according to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 8.405-3(c)(2).
Use this EM to:
- Calculate the average cost/device, expected total cost and potential savings;
- Account for the device mix and different usage profiles; and
- Compare this to the average pricing and optimized pricing found against competed agreements against the FSSI Wireless BPAs.
Download the Economic Model
The EM uses actual prices paid for specific contract line item numbers (CLINs) under the FSSI BPAs. The tool is updated as we gather additional pricing data. For the latest information, download the EM again to ensure you have the latest pricing information.
FSSI Wireless Economic Model [XLSX - 1 MB]
Current Usage and Considerations
You need to understand your assets and general usage patterns to use the EM. We calculate your existing device cost based on the total number of devices, device type, general usage pattern, and monthly cost for your services.
To help collect this data, we use the Data Survey Template [XLSX - 36 KB] to do an internal audit. You can also use this information to describe to vendors total devices, usage attributes, and locations when it comes to developing your Request for Quotations (RFQ).
Entering the Data
Use the data you have collected via the Data Survey Template to:
The results display in a color-coded banner box on the right side of the screen. The banner box summarizes FSSI wireless pricing and suggests next steps. The table below the banner box presents five pricing metrics. Each metric shows the average among all four BPA industry partners and the best pricing currently available to meet your needs among the contractors.
Pricing results are optimized to achieve the lowest cost outcome based on usage levels, vendor-specific plans, and the lowest awarded price to-date by each vendor.
- Expected Monthly Wireless Spend ($) – This is the expected equivalent monthly costs using the FSSI Wireless BPAs. Compare this with your current average monthly costs in Step 3.
- Average Price / Device per Month ($) – This is the comparable average monthly price per device using FSSI-Wireless.
- Savings / Device per Month ($) – The difference between your current average monthly price/device and the expected FSSI-Wireless average price/device.
- Percentage (%) Savings – Savings expressed on a percentage basis (Savings/Current Average Price).
- Annual Savings ($) – Monthly savings annualized across the base of all devices.