Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Products and Services
Commercial satellite communications services help federal, state, local, and tribal governments maintain essential and secure communications where no wire line or wireless infrastructure exists.
Our satellite programs offer Custom Off-the-Shelf (COTS) and custom solutions to:
- Mobile, fixed, and broadcast satellite services including Inmarsat and Iridium;
- Quick deployment for emergency response communications; and
- Support for continuity of operations and distance learning.
Complex COMSATCOM SOLUTIONS
Complex Commercial SATCOM Solutions (CS3) replaces the CS2 and CS2-Small Business legacy vehicles while meeting the continued requirements and goals of government entities. CS3 is a principle component of the Future Commercial SATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA) Program, a strategic partnership with the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) creating a streamlined, easy-to-use solution for all Government commercial satellite communications needs.
In the lineage of the FCSA Program, CS3 is an agency-unique acquisition solution that aligns with COMSATCOM service areas and allows customers direct source access to the best value solutions, while providing a full range of services. Descriptions of the primary service areas are as follows:
- Transponded capacity consists of dedicated bandwidth on a commercial satellite in any commercially available frequency band.
- Subscription services entail preexisting, pre-engineered satellite services solutions, including terminals, in any commercial frequency band.
- Complex Solutions address non-standard, customized engineered offerings by a single provider to meet customers’ unique satellite communications needs. These solutions may include any combination of fixed satellite services or mobile satellite services components, along with service enabling components such as terminals, teleport, and terrestrial interface tail circuits.
In response to the complex and varied nature of the Federal Government’s COMSATCOM requirements, CS3 offers multifaceted capabilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Interactive Services;
- Continuity of Operations;
- Broadcast Satellite Services
- Fleet and Asset Tracking and Reporting Services;
- Emergency responder operations;
- Steady State Operations; and
- Direct Customer Operations.
COMMERCIAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
IT Schedule 70 features a wide variety of commercial satellite products and services, such as:
- Transponded capacity, which includes dedicated bandwidth on a commercial communications satellite; and
- Subscription services, which include subscriptions to pre-existing, pre-engineered satellite solutions, including service plans and terminals.
State, local, and tribal governments
State, local, and tribal governments can use the Cooperative Purchasing Program to buy from IT Schedule 70.
For industry partners
IT Schedule 70 is continually open to new offers from industry partners. Download the IT Schedule 70 FedBizOpps announcement for instructions on how to respond to the solicitation.
Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA)
GSA’s satellite communications contracts support the joint GSA-DoD Future COMSATCOM Services Acquisition (FCSA).
- Transponded capacity and subscription services through IT Schedule 70; and
- End-to-end satellite services through two new contracts, Custom SATCOM Solutions CS2 and CS2- Small Business.
- Download an Overview of GSA's Satellite Programs [PPT - 5 MB]
- Download the CS3 Industry Day presentation [PDF - 395 KB]
- Download the CS3 Industry Day Question and Answer (Q&A) [DOCX - 27 KB]
For the latest information on CS3, please visit the FCSA Community Interact Site.
For Department of Defense (DoD) customers
All DoD customers should go through Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Defense Information Technology Contracting Organization (DITCO).
DISA/DITCO uses eBuy to notify industry partners of potential and current requirements through synopses, requests for information, and requests for proposals.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/satellite.