USAccess: Identity, Credentials, and Access Management
USAccess is a shared service that provides Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credentialing services and support for federal employees and contractors at established locations throughout the country.
USAccess for Your Agency
Participating agencies can issue HSPD-12 approved credentials (access cards) to employees and contractors. Credentials may be known as PIV, CAC, LincPass, Smart Card, or something else, depending on your agency.
Agencies also receive access to
- Web-based portals for authorized personnel to manage key activities (activating and managing credentials, enrolling, generating reports, managing applicant appointments, sponsoring)
- NIST-compliant system infrastructure that provides secure, standards-based enterprise identity management capabilities
- Simplified, per-credential pricing to help you manage the full lifecycle of a PIV credential without large upfront costs
- Credentialing units (mobile or fixed) that provide the software and hardware for activations and enrollments
Find a USAccess Credentialing Center
Employees and contractors of participating agencies can update credentials at USAccess centers across the United States.
In the Washington, DC Metro area and need credentialing services?
Starting November 2020, you can update your credentials at select USPS locations.
USAccess services help agencies comply with HSPD-12 and other ICAM regulation.
- Policy for a Common Identification Standard for Federal Employees and Contractors (HSPD-12)
- Continued Implementation of HSPD-12 (OMB, M-11-11)
- Federal Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
- Personal Identity Verification (PIV) of Federal Employees and Contractors (FIPS 201-2)
- Digital Identity Guidelines (NIST SP800-63)
- Interfaces for Personal Identity Verification (NIST SP800-73-4)
- Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS)
- Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/usaccess.