The Acquisition Gateway, built by GSA, helps federal government buyers from all agencies act as one acquisition community. Our goal is to achieve acquisition excellence together. 20,000+ users agree.
This video answers some of the most basic questions: What is it? Who is it for? What is on there? How can I help contribute to it?
Note: This video is hosted by a nongovernment website.
How to Log in the First Time
In order to sign in to the Acquisition Gateway, you first need to assign your personal identity verification (PIV or CAC) card with an Office of Management and Budget MAX User ID. This is a two-step process:
1. Register with OMB MAX
- Go to MAX.gov and click on [Register Now].
- Complete and submit the self-registration form.
- Check your government email inbox for more instructions.
2. Log in to the Acquisition Gateway
- Now you can return to the Acquisition Gateway and log in with your personal identity verification (PIV or CAC) card. Please make sure your PIV / CAC card is connected to your computer.
- Go to the Acquisition Gateway and select [Sign in] on the banner across the bottom of the page, or select [Sign in] from the user menu at the top right. This will direct you to the OMB MAX Login page.
- On MAX.gov select login with PIV / CAC, select your credentials, and enter your pin number in the pop up box.
- Alternatively, if your agency is a MAX Agency Federated Partner, sign in by selecting your Agency button on the bottom of the page.