There are two ways to access HCaTS:
- Direct-Buy Acquisition
- Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS)
For Direct Acquisition, generally, federal Contracting Officers follow these steps to use HCaTS:
- Receive Delegated of Procurement Authority (DPA) Certificate for HCaTS. (Go to HCaTS Training for more information.)
- Conduct market research and acquisition planning.
- Build and issue the Task Order solicitation.
- Conduct source selection and award the Task Order.
- Email the Award FPDS-NG report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Administer and close out the Task Order.
Notes for Direct-Buy Acquisition:
- Ordering Contracting Officers are required to comply with their roles and responsibilities described in DPA Certificate and HCaTS Master Contracts.
- Optional scope/requirements advisory services are available at no cost. To request a scope review, go to Pre-Award Scope Review.
- If you have any questions regarding Direct Acquisition process, email us at email@example.com.
Assisted Acquisition Services (AAS)
OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions (HCIS) Program provides seamless, full-service assisted acquisition services that enable you to access to HCaTS providers - private sector experts in the fields of human capital strategy, training and development, and organizational performance improvement. Using HCaTS and HCaTS Small Business Contracts, HCIS specialists will partner with you to develop the entire acquisition packages, including the requirements documents (SOO, SOW, or PWS), IGCE, market research, and request for proposal.
Notes for AAS:
- OPM performs the acquisition on your behalf and provides pre- and post-award support
- GSA provides contracting support services
- These service includes:
- Scope reviews;
- Statement of Requirements library search;
- Contracting support/solicitation development and management;
- Vendor management; and
- COR Services.
- An additional AAS fee will be applied based on the magnitude and complexity of the requirement.
To learn more or to get started, call OPM's HCaTS business development team at 202-606-1501 or 202-606-0482 or write us at HCIS@opm.gov. See OPM's Human Capital Industry Solutions website for more information.
HCaTS SB, 8(a) and Unrestricted Contractor Lists [XLSX - 92 KB] (Oct. 2021)
Email links to all contractors within each pool are included in the table below.
Warning: It is strictly prohibited to send emails by way of the following Pool Links if you are not an authorized Government official. Unauthorized personnel may contact prime contract holders individually, but not through the use of the following Pool Links.
The following HCaTS Unrestricted (U), HCaTS Small Business (SB), and HCaTS 8(a) Pool Links generate a group email to the official points of contact for all prime contract holders in the respective pool.
The primary purpose of the Pool Links is for authorized Government officials (customers) to issue Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought Notices (SSNs), or other Market Research requests to HCaTS Unrestricted, HCaTS Small Business, or HCaTS 8(a) Prime Contract holders by pool as an alternative to using GSA eBuy. The Pool Link allows customers to email everyone in the respective pool with a single email address.
Important: Each pool is a separate Multiple Award Task Order Contract (MATOC). When issuing an RFP, only one contract vehicle (HCaTS U, HCaTS SB, or HCaTS 8(a)) and one pool (1 or 2) can be solicited. Pool selection is based on the predominant NAICS Code assigned to the solicitation.
Note: If clicking on the email link does not automatically open a draft email, please copy and paste the link into your email To: line.
1Includes sub set-aside for WOSB/EDWOSB/HubZone/VOSB/SDVOSB
Note: For Small Business or 8(a) Small Business Sole Source type task orders, contact the prospective contractor individually using the contact information from the contractor lists file available for download above.
The list of contractors is also available on GSA eLibrary by searching for HCaTS and clicking on the name of your desired contract vehicle and pool.
Section 889 Part B of the FY 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) went into effect on August 13, 2020. This prohibits the Government from entering into a contract (or extending or renewing a contract) with companies that use any equipment, system, or service that uses prohibited telecom as a substantial or essential component of any system, or as critical technology as part of any system, unless a waiver is obtained or an exception applies. Protecting our supply chain is a critical value proposition to our customer agencies.
To support this implementation of 889 Part B, a mass modification was issued for all HCaTS and HCaTS Small Business contracts to include the reporting clause FAR 52.204-25 (AUG 2020). All HCaTS contracts have accepted the modification. Additionally, all HCaTS 8(a) contracts, which were awarded in December 2020, include the reporting clause FAR 52.204-25 (AUG 2020).
GSA offers a complementary scope review to analyze the scope and pool assignment of your proposed HCaTS (Unrestricted, Small Business, or 8(a)) task order requirement. This scope review will be conducted in an effort to determine if the requirements for the submitted project are within the scope of the HCaTS contract based on the predominant work of the project.
Request a Pre-Award Scope Review