In commercial buildings, space heating, cooling, and ventilation take up 44% of energy used on-site, according to the U.S. Department of Energy.
Published HVAC Reports
The GPG program, working with federal laboratories, has tested the following technologies in GSA buildings. Here are the published results, most recent on top.
- GPG-043: Software-Controlled Switched Reluctance Motor, November 2019*
- GPG-035: Small Circulator Pumps with Automated Control, September 2018*
- GPG-034: High-Performing Commercial Rooftop Units, April 2018*
- GPG-031: Variable-Speed Direct-Drive Screw Chiller, Updated November 2017*
- GPG-029: Smart Ceiling Fans, September 2016
- GPG-004: Condensing Boilers, Updated July 2014*
- GPG-013: Indirect Evaporative Cooler, March 2014
- GPG-012: Fan Belts: Synchronous and Cogged, March 2014*
- GPG-009: Variable-Speed Maglev Chiller, December 2013*
- GPG-006: Variable Refrigerant Flow, December 2012*
*M&V Results Demonstrate Deployment Potential for GSA
Emerging Building Technologies’ two programs — Green Proving Ground (GPG) and Pilot to Portfolio (P2P) enable GSA to make sound investment decisions in next-generation building technologies based on their real-world performance.