Aviation Management Policy Overview
Federally-owned aircraft is one of the nation’s most valuable assets. To support the government’s vision for modernization and progress, GSA provides the federal aviation community with strong guidance and regulation, and encourages agencies to effectively acquire, manage, and dispose of aircraft.
In support of those goals, GSA does the following:
- Fosters cooperation and dedicated leadership through the Interagency Committee for Aviation Policy (ICAP)
- Helps agencies achieve the highest industry standards through sound policy and guidance.
- Improves fiscal management and operational savings by collecting, analyzing, and reporting on government aircraft.
- Protects lives and assets by training personnel on safety, reporting, and best practices.
- Rewards cost-efficiencies, improved safety, and innovation with the Federal Aviation Awards
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/aviationpolicy