Facilities Management Overview
GSA's Public Buildings Service (PBS) provides facilities management services such as:
- Child Care
- Smart Buildings
- Facilities Operations
- Facility Risk Management
- Missing Child Notice Program
Vendors can bid on Facilities Management Services through FedBizOpps or GSA Schedules.
PBS manages GSA-owned properties and private sector-leased properties, which include office buildings, courthouses, land ports of entry, and warehouses. For more information about our property portfolio, see the State of the Portfolio.
You can also check the closure status of GSA-owned and/or -managed federal buildings.
We offer child care services in independently-managed work-site child care centers in 31 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Federal employees receive priority enrollment and any available spaces are open to the community.
For enrollment information, please contact the child care center directly.
GSA's Smart Building technology framework lowers operating costs, improves cyber security, and increases tenant satisfaction while allowing Facility Managers and O&M contractors to effectively manage building operations through the use of building data.
Through this program, GSA has deployed technologies such as:
- Advanced Metering—record and communicate energy consumption for greater clarity of consumption behavior, system monitoring and customer billing.
- GSAlink—Fault Detection & Diagnostics system that Interprets patterns, faults, and trends in operational data to improve efficiency and ensure proper operation of building systems.
- National Digital Signage (NDS)—Kiosks deployed to inform tenants of facility news, weather, human trafficking, and information on missing and exploited children.
- National Computerized Maintenance Management System (NCMMS)—Building logistics including equipment management, work orders, preventive maintenance, and labor.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/facilitiesmanagement.