To better understand why some PV systems failed after the 2017 hurricane season while others survived, GPG hired DOE national laboratories to conduct post-storm field inspections and create guidance to help agency managers identify the most common PV vulnerabilities during weather events. View full-size infographic. [PDF - 495 KB]
Reference above to any specific commercial product, process or service does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof.
- Report: Solar Photovoltaics in Severe Weather: Cost Considerations for Storm Hardening PV Systems for Resilience (NREL, 06-2020) [PDF]
- Fact Sheet: Solar Photovoltaic Systems in Hurricanes and Other Severe Weather (DOE/FEMP, 08-2018) [PDF]
- Presentation: Solar PV in Severe Weather Locations: How Design, Construction and O&M Can Improve Survivability (DOE/FEMP, 09-2018) [PDF]
- Procurement Specifications: Templates for On-Site Solar Photovoltaic for Use in Developing Federal Solicitations (DOE/FEMP, 04-2020) [PDF]
- Report: Solar Under Storm, Solar Best Practices and Design Guidebook for Small Island Developing States (RMI, 08-2020)