Green Procurement Compilation
The Green Procurement Compilation (GPC) is a comprehensive green purchasing resource designed for federal contracting personnel and program managers. It consolidates and organizes information from federal environmental programs in one place, saving you from visiting multiple websites.
The GPC allows you to:
- Quickly identify federal green purchasing requirements for the products and services you buy;
- Search by keyword or browse by category to find products and services;
- Determine procurement options available to federal buyers, including applicable GSA Multiple Award Schedules (MAS), Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI) solutions, and GSA Global Supply;
- Learn more about federal environmental programs, such as WaterSense and Bio-Preferred; and
- Discover optional environmental programs and additional procurement guidance that will help you meet your sustainability goals.
The green products portal identifies all product types covered by mandatory and non-mandatory federal environmental programs, including:
- Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines;
- Safer Choice;
- Energy Star;
- Federal Energy Management Program (FEMP);
- Significant New Alternatives Policy (SNAP); and
In order to determine which requirements apply to the products they are interested in a user may search or browse for the product.
The services portal contains green purchasing guidance for services, including:
- Cafeteria & Food Services;
- Electronic Leasing;
- Fleet Maintenance;
- Janitorial Services;
- Landscaping Services;
- Laundry Services;
- Meeting & Conference Services;
- Pest Management; and
- Transportation Services.
The guidance addresses green product requirements and optional green practices that federal buyers may incorporate into service contracts. Each service includes a variety of downloadable resources, such as sample green solicitation language and previous solicitation examples.
In addition, the GPC:
- Allows users to download the entire GPC database into a single Excel, Text, or CSV file.
- Allows users to create customized product lists, allowing users to download green product information for selected items.
- Remains current with the latest changes in green product designations.
- Provides basic life cycle cost-savings information for many energy-consuming products.
- Allows agencies to add agency-specific green product requirements and content.
Visit SFTool.gov for more information on the Green Procurement Compilation.