Federal Mail Council Charter (FMC)
The Federal Mail Council will establish a strategic vision and guiding principles as well as provide a setting for a collaborative partnership in mail communications. Agencies are selected for membership by the FMC chair.
- Assist in the development of mail policy
- Assist agencies to track and report mail expenditures
- Develop performance measures
- Lead or Co-lead interagency mail committees/tiger teams
- Identify and share best practices
- Recommend/train and develop employees
Access the current FMC Member List [DOCX - 14 KB]
Federal Mail Council Charter [DOCX - 26 KB]
Charter: Dated March 1, 2016
These organizations help build a broad base of support for the mail manager by sharing information and ideas in improvements and cost savings.
- Mailers Technical Advisory Committee (MTAC) provides technical information, advice and recommendations to the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) to improve service and postal operating efficiency. GSA represents federal agencies.
- Government Mailers Advisory Council (GMAC) is a USPS/federal partnership to improve mail services by sharing ideas, suggestions and solutions. For information contact: LaChelle Bynum, Mail Manager, DoL, 202-691-5344 or email: email@example.com
- Postal Customer Councils (PCC) is a forum for USPS-to-business communication, providing information and best practices for cost-effective and profitable mailing, education and training, and solving local challenges.
- Mail Systems Management Association (MSMA) to advance professionalism within the mail systems industry by Promoting education, communications, art and science of mail
- International Publishing Management Association (IPMA) offers solutions; access to best-in-class managers and industry experts; professional resources; and educational programs including Certified Mail Manager.