Federal Management Regulation
To eliminate the confusion caused by a duplicate regulation, we discontinued hosting the FMR. Follow the link below to view the official copy.
Access the Federal Management Regulation on eCFR.gov
Explore the official regulation publications on the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.
The eCFR allows you to:
- Browse the Code of Federal Regulations as it existed at any point in time.
- Compare the regulations as they existed on any two dates.
- View a timeline of how the eCFR content has changed.
- Search for specific terms.
- Subscribe to changes in the regulations.
The Federal Management Regulation contains updated regulatory policies concerning property management and related administrative activities. Executive agencies may use the FMR to help manage administrative programs such as personal property, real property, and transportation.
Download the FMR [PDF].
Last updated July 1, 2020. Contents may be out of date. Refer to eCFR.gov for the most up-to-date regulation information.
The FMR is located in Chapter 102 of Title 41, Subtitle C of the Code of Federal Regulations and contains 6 subchapters:
Personal property is any property except buildings, land, agency records, and naval vessels as defined in section 102-36.40.
- Government aircraft management.
- Motor vehicle management.
- Personal property management.
- Foreign gifts and decorations management.
Real property is buildings and land as defined in section 102-71.20.
- Real estate acquisition.
- Facility management.
- Real property disposal.
- Design and construction.
- Historic preservation.
- Other physical space management topics.
Transportation refers to the shipment of government property or employees’ personal effects.
- Transportation management.
- Transportation payment and audit.
- Federal Management Regulation System.
- Federal advisory committee management.
- Home-to-work transportation.
- Mail management.
- Creation, maintenance, and use of records.
- Standard and optional forms management program.
Tell us what you think about this content
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/fmr.