Federal Travel Regulation
To eliminate the confusion caused by a duplicate regulation, we discontinued hosting the FTR. Follow the link below to view the official copy.
Access the Federal Travel Regulation on eCFR.gov
Explore the official regulation publications on the Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.
The eCFR allows you to:
- Browse the Code of Federal Regulations as it existed at any point in time.
- Compare the regulations as they existed on any two dates.
- View a timeline of how the eCFR content has changed.
- Search for specific terms.
- Subscribe to changes in the regulations.
The Federal Travel Regulation summarizes the travel and relocation policy for all federal civilian employees and others authorized to travel at the government’s expense. Federal employees and agencies may use the FTR as a reference to ensure official travel and relocation is conducted in a responsible and cost effective manner.
Download the FTR [PDF] (41 CFR)
Last annual edition updated July 1, 2021. Prior years may be found at Code of Federal Regulations (Annual Edition). Contents may be out of date. Refer to eCFR.gov for the most up-to-date regulation information.
Explore bulletins and other documents.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/ftr.