Learn About Technology in Government
Make the best use of technology to deliver information and services to your customers.
Learn about adoption and use of technology in government.
- DigitalGov University - Live and on-demand training and practical guidance to improve your agency’s websites and digital services.
- IT Acquisition University - On-demand learning portal for federal IT and procurement professionals, part of the Acquisition Gateway.
- Accessibility (Section 508) - Covers requirements and best practices for creating accessible digital products and services.
- Plain Language - Training for federal agencies, including train-the-trainer bootcamps.
- U.S. Web Design System (USWDS) - Self-directed guidance and video training resources.
- Search.gov Training - Video training library and occasional live training events.
- Digital Analytics Program (DAP) Certified Analyst Training - Become a certified DAP Analyst.
- IT Reskilling Academy - Hands-on training in cybersecurity for federal employees.
Work with others across government to expand your skills.
- Digital.gov Communities of Practice - Join a Community of Practice to learn from colleagues at other agencies.
- USAJobs Open Opportunities - Put your skills to work on short-term projects as you build connections across government.
Guidance and Directives
Find guidance on the implementation and use of technology in the U.S. federal government.
- Checklist of Requirements for Federal Websites and Digital Services - Review all digital government laws, policies, and accessibility standards federal agencies must follow.
- CIO Council Policy and Priority Catalog - Learn about current federal priorities in IT.
- Office of E-Government & Information Technology - White House Office of Management and Budget (OMB) office responsible for coordinating federal IT/digital policy.
Hear from thought leaders in the government tech sector, at GSA and around the world.
- Technology Blogs - GSA
- Government Digital Service - GOV.UK
- Digital Transformation Agency - Australia
- NZ Blog - New Zealand
- Open Government Blog - Government of Canada
- e-Estonia Blog - Government of Estonia
Contact your agency Chief Information Officer (CIO) or Web/Digital team to learn how you can get involved and support tech-related initiatives at your agency. Look for internal communities to join, or newsletters to which you could subscribe. Talk to your colleagues and collaborate to improve how your agency buys, builds, and uses technology.