Build Websites and Digital Services
Tools and guidance to help you build websites and digital services that meet your agency’s mission, and provide critical, trusted information and services to customers.
Review high-level requirements, and connect with colleagues across government.
Ensure access for all, regardless of ability.
Design & Usability
Create content, systems, and services that are easy to find, understand, and use.
Authentication & Cybersecurity
Develop tools that are safe and secure to use.
Cloud & Hosting
Find platform and hosting options.
Services & Solutions
Find services and solutions to meet your digital development needs.
21st Century IDEA
Signed into law in December 2018, the 21st Century Integrated Digital Experience Act (21st Century IDEA) requires federal executive branch agencies to build websites and digital services that:
- Are accessible to individuals with disabilities in accordance with Section 508;
- Have a consistent appearance;
- Are authoritative; do not overlap with or duplicate existing websites;
- Contain a search function;
- Are provided through a secure connection;
- Are designed around user needs with data-driven analysis;
- Provide an option for a more customized digital experience; and
- Are functional and usable on mobile devices.
Learn more about 21st Century IDEA.
Join the Web Manager Community of Practice.