Register your business
Before you can compete for contracts with the government, you need to register your business and obtain a unique entity identifier on SAM.gov.
Have the following information ready to complete your registration:
- Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN)
- Any already assigned Contractor and Government Entity (CAGE) code(s) or NATO Commercial and Government Entity (NCAGE) code(s)
- Financial and banking information to set up Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- The North American Industrial Classification System (NAICS) code(s) that best depict your primary business activity(s)
Allow up to 10 business days after you submit your registration for it to become active.
At any time after submitting your registration, you can sign-in and check the status of your business on SAM.gov.
- Certify as small (optional) not completed
- Get on Schedule (optional) not completed
- Market your business not completed
- Research solicitations not completed
- Respond to a solicitation not completed
- What to expect next not completed