Federal Acquisition Service
GSA is America's only source solely dedicated to procuring goods and services for government. As an integral part of GSA, the Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) possesses unrivaled capability to deliver comprehensive products and services across government at the best value possible. FAS offers a continuum of innovative solutions and services in the areas of:
- Products and Services;
- Motor Vehicle Management;
- Travel; and
- Procurement and Online Acquisition Tools.
The FAS organization has the following program areas:
- Office of Policy and Compliance - Ensures that GSA’s activities are fully compliant with federal laws, regulations, and policies, and that operating practices are consistent across business lines and regions.
- Office of Assisted Acquisition Services - Complements the programs of the Integrated Technology Services portfolio by providing acquisition, technical and project management services that assist agencies in acquiring and deploying information technology and professional services solutions
- Office of Customer and Stakeholder Engagement - Enables GSA to better understand customer requirements and become a strategic partner in helping agencies meet their acquisition needs.
- Office of Systems Management - Integrates and unifies the federal award process for United States Government buyers and sellers, and enables shared acquisition services with goals to reduce cost and generate customer savings.
- Office of Integrated Technology Category - Offers state of the art commercial products, systems, services and support to federal, state and local governments.
- Office of General Supplies and Services - Simplifies the buying process to meet customer agency needs in the areas of office supplies, computer products, tools, security, furniture and many others.
- Office of Professional Services and Human Capital Categories - Responsible for the strategic leadership, oversight, and management of FAS’s professional services, human capital services, and charge card management programs and contracts.
- Office of Travel, Transportation and Logistics Categories - Develops and manages programs and solutions for travel, motor vehicle and transportation services.
- Office of Strategy Management - Sets the strategic vision for all of FAS, consistent with the overall GSA strategic vision, and also a consistent set of tools to help achieve the vision.
- Technology Transformation Services - Leads the digital transformation of federal government by helping agencies build, buy and share technology that allows them to provide more accessible, efficient, and effective products and services for the American people.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/fas.