The Centers of Excellence
The GSA Centers of Excellence (CoE) were established in 2017 as an accelerator of IT modernization across the government to improve the public experience and increase operational efficiency. Our dynamic team of subject matter experts speed up acquisition, discovery, and implementation to facilitate the adoption of modern technology by executive agencies.
The CoE model is to meet agency partners where they are in their modernization journey, accelerate their transformation efforts, and give them the right tools and resources to be successful after the engagement ends.
The signing of the Information Technology Modernization Centers of Excellence Program Act (HR 5901) in December 2020 codified the CoE, thus providing a path for future agencies to partner in their technology modernization efforts.
As part of GSA’s Technology Transformation Services, the CoE initiative accelerates IT modernization at federal agencies by leveraging private sector innovation and government services while centralizing best practices and expertise for holistic transformation.
The CoE leverages commercially available solutions and expertise from industry to deliver enterprise transformation initiatives in partnership with agencies.
- Know our customer—Understanding and anticipating the needs of our customers is our highest priority. Speaking with customers and regularly gathering their insights allows the CoE to meet their customers where they are at in their modernization journey and align partnership expectations accordingly.
- Innovate from within—There is a lot of great technical talent across the government; we strive to identify those innovators at our partner agencies and harness their experience in the CoE.
- Collaborate for success—The CoE detail the best and brightest from our customer’s to co-lead modernization efforts and ensure success, and longevity, beyond CoE engagements.
- Rely on best practices—We partner with the private sector to implement the latest technology, use commercial practices, accelerate modernization, and avoid common pitfalls.
- Centralize our resources—We strive to centralize and share the brightest talent, proven processes and acquisition vehicles to improve government services.
What We Deliver
Currently operating at a number of agencies, are six centers, each focused on a specific (but interconnected) area of transformation:
- Artificial Intelligence—Accelerates adoption of artificial intelligence to discover insights at machine speed.
- Cloud Adoption—Enables the adoption of digital business capabilities using cloud-based technologies.
- Contact Center—Improves contact center delivery services and customer interactions.
- Customer Experience—Measurably improves the relationship with customers, citizens, and end users.
- Data and Analytics—Establishes an agency-wide data strategy and designing structures to enable advanced analytics.
- Infrastructure Optimization—Modernizes IT infrastructure and reduces costs.
Want to join our team? Please contact our Talent Team at joinTTS@gsa.gov.