Acquisition Policy Overview
Acquisition Policy serves as a change-agent to help create a procurement system which:
- Supports and promotes the achievement of federal business goals and strategies;
- Reduces federal overhead buying products and services at lower cost;
- Facilitates improved taxpayer service delivery by placing better quality, higher performing supplies, technology, and support service in the hands of federal managers;
- Is more efficient, timely, and customer focused;
- Produces better information to support planning and execution of the procurement function;
- Encourages the participation of all the nation's diverse human and business resources in a revitalized economy;
- Serves and protects the public interest; and
- Demands that the government's business be conducted under the highest ethical standards.
The shortcut to this page is www.gsa.gov/acquisition.