Acquisition policy library and resources
The Acquisition Policy Library contains active Acquisition Letters and Class Deviations issued by GSA's Senior Procurement Executive. This library is maintained and updated by the GSA Acquisition Policy Division within the Office of Government-wide Policy (OGP).
Documents on this site are provided in PDF format following Section 508 standards as much as possible. If you experience difficulty accessing any resources or content on this site, please contact the GSA Acquisition Policy Division by email at GSARPolicy@gsa.gov. We will work diligently to provide you with an accessible format.
On August 25, 2023, GSA issued Class Deviation CD-2023-08 [PDF - 332 KB], FAR Class Deviation regarding the Small Business Administration (SBA) Memorandum, “Impact of Recent Court Decision (Ultima Servs. Corp. v. Dep’t. of Ag. (E.D. Tenn.)) on the Use of the 8(a) Program. Additional information and FAQs about this deviation can be found in Acquisition Alert AA-2023-05 [PDF - 648 KB], Update on Contracting with 8(a) Businesses.
|GSA Document number||Subject||FAR
|MV-2023-06 [PDF - 345 KB]||Lessor Reporting of Green Building Efficiency||GSAM 570||2023-09-12|
|MV-2023-05 [PDF - 190 KB]||Placing Defense Priorities and Allocations System (DPAS) Priority Rating Contracts and Orders||FAR 11.6
|MV-2023-02 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 423 KB]||Ensuring Only Approved Software is Acquired and Used at GSA||FAR 39
|MV-2023-01 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 568 KB]||Retention of Certain Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) Clauses and Provisions||FAR 1.3
|MV-22-06 [PDF - 695 KB]||Cyber-Supply Chain Risk Management (C-SCRM) Requirements for Leasing||FAR 4
|MV-22-02 with Supplements 1-3 [PDF - 491 KB]||Temporary Moratorium on Enforcement of Certain Limitations Contained in Certain GSA Economic Price Adjustment (EPA) Contract Clauses||GSAM 538||2023-08-30|
|MV-21-11 [PDF - 151 KB]||Pilot to Use Cash Incentives and Enhanced Allowances in Lease Acquisitions||GSAM 570||2021-11-03|
|MV-21-10 [PDF - 198 KB]||Promoting Innovation in Sustainability through Contracts||FAR 23
|MV-21-08 [PDF - 250 KB]||Adjusting Wages to Address Wage Compression Caused by the Federal Minimum Wage Increase||FAR 22
|MV-21-06 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 436 KB]||Procurement of Cloud Computing on a Consumption Basis under the Federal Supply Schedule Program||FAR 8.405||2022-03-18|
|MV-21-01 [PDF - 240 KB]||Promoting Responsible Innovation through the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) / Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) Program||N/A||2021-02-17|
|MV-20-10 [PDF - 607 KB]||Workforce Guidance on FY2019 NDAA Section 889 “Part B”||FAR 4.21||2020-08-13|
|MV-20-04 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 6 MB]||Lease Offeror Registration in the System for Award Management (SAM)||GSAM 570||2021-06-14|
|MV-11-07 [PDF - 288 KB]||Emergency Warrant Authority with Attachments A and B||FAR 18.2
|GSA document number||Subject||FAR GSAM||Date effective|
|CD-2023-08 [PDF - 332 KB]||FAR Class Deviation regarding the Small Business Administration (SBA) Memorandum, “Impact of Recent Court Decision (Ultima Servs. Corp. v. Dep’t. of Ag. (E.D. Tenn.)) on the Use of the 8(a) Program"
Additional information and FAQs available in Acquisition Alert AA-2023-05. [PDF - 648 KB]
|CD-2023-04 [PDF - 442 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Default by Lessor Clause||GSAM 552.270||2023-07-25|
|CD-2023-03 [PDF - 807 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Lease Definitions Clause||GSAM 570.102||2023-08-02|
|CD-2022-08 [PDF - 330 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Exception to the Maximum Quantity Requirement for the Alliant 3 Program||FAR 4.1005-2, 16.504, 16.505, 52.216-22||2022-11-08|
|CD-2022-06 [PDF - 378 KB]||FAR Class Justification - Lowest Price Technically Acceptable Source Selection for Certain Lease Acquisitions||FAR 15.101-2||2022-05-06|
|CD-2022-05 [PDF - 271 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Exception to the Maximum Quantity Requirement for the Polaris Program||FAR 4.1005-2, 16.504, 16.505, 52.216-22||2022-03-18|
|CD-2022-04 [PDF - 262 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - PBS Electric Vehicle Equipment - Fixed Price Contractor Use of Federal Supply Schedules||FAR 51||2022-03-24|
|CD-2022-02 [PDF - 430 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation, Revised Transactional Data Reporting (TDR) Requirements for Non-Federal Supply Schedule Contracts||GSAM 552.216-75||2023-02-01|
|CD-2022-01 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 6 MB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Requirements for Nonavailability Determinations Under Buy American Statutes||FAR 25
|CD-2021-13 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 573 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Implementation of Executive Order 14042, Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors||FAR 52.223-99||2022-03-31|
|CD-2021-12 [PDF - 369 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Contractor Performance Assessments for Federal Supply Schedule (FSS) Contracts, Multi-Agency Contracts (MACs) and Governmentwide Acquisition Contracts (GWACs)||FAR 42.15||2021-11-03|
|CD-2021-11 [PDF - 695 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Updated GSAM Leasing Clauses||GSAM 570||2022-09-16|
|CD-2021-07 [PDF - 353 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Amending Cost-Reimbursable Contract Closeout Audit Procedures||FAR 42.705-1
|CD-2021-05 [PDF - 215 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Incremental Funding for Severable Service Contracts||GSAM 532.702||2021-01-15|
|CD-2021-02 [PDF - 239 KB]||Class Justification - Other than Full and Open Competition for Urgent Lease Acquisitions||FAR 6.302-2||2021-04-01|
|CD-2021-01 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 424 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Public Buildings Service Limited Authority for Ten (10) Year Operations and Maintenance Service Procurements When Using Schedules||FAR 8.405-3(d), 17.204(e)
|CD-2020-17 [PDF - 314 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation: Contract Authority for a Ten (10) Year Period for the ASTRO Program||GSAM 517.204||2020-08-14|
|CD-2020-16 [PDF - 349 KB]||FAR Class Deviation: Exception to the Maximum Quantity Requirement for the ASTRO Program||FAR 4.1005-2, 16.504, 16.505, 52.216-22||2020-08-14|
|CD-2020-15 [PDF - 103 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation for GSA’s Lease Acquisitions and CSOs - Prohibition on Contracting for Certain Telecommunications and Video Surveillance Services or Equipment||GSAM 570||2020-08-06|
|CD-2020-14 with Supplements 1-2 [PDF - 5 MB]||FAR Class Deviation - Enhancing Competition at the Order level for Certain Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Multiple Award Contracts
Note: Supplement 3 to CD-2020-14 was canceled 11/03/2023. The CD and supplements 1-2 remain in effect.
|CD-2020-10 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 238 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Assignment of Claims and Notary Requirements||FAR 28, 32.8||2023-04-27|
|CD-2020-09 with Supplement 1 [PDF - 239 KB]||FAR Class Deviation - Raised Ceiling for Progress Payment Rates||FAR 52.232-16||2023-04-27|
|CD-2020-07 [PDF - 166 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Suspension and Debarment Action Meetings||FAR 9.4, GSAM 509.4||2020-04-22|
|CD-2020-06 [PDF - 208 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Public Interest Noncompetitive Congressional Notification||2020-04-08|
|CD-2020-05 [PDF - 183 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Flexibilities for Signatures and Seals on Bonds||2020-04-06|
|CD-2020-04 [PDF - 2 MB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation - Flexibilities for Debarring Official Notification to Contractors||2020-03-24|
|CD-2020-03 [PDF - 1 MB]||FAR Class Justification (Contract Terms/Conditions) & Determinations and Findings for the City Pair Program||FAR 12||2020-01-13|
|CD-2020-02 [PDF - 1010 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Economic Price Adjustment Clause for Deregulated Electric Supplies||GSAM 516.203-4||2020-03-27|
|CD-2020-01 [PDF - 140 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - Clarifying the Government’s Rights Under the Commercial Items Clause||GSAM 538.70||2019-12-04|
|CD-2019-14 [PDF - 314 KB]||GSAM Class Deviation - GSAM Clause 552.216-70 Economic Price Adjustment—FSS Multiple Award Schedule Contracts||GSAM 552.216-70||2019-10-25|
|CD-2019-12 [PDF - 1 MB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation—e-Marketplace Provider Acquisition for the Commercial e-Commerce Portals||2019-10-01|
|CD-2019-01 [PDF - 830 KB]||FAR and GSAM Class Deviation, Limited Authority for 10-Year Operations and Maintenance Service Contracts||FAR 8.405-3(d)
|MV-16-04 [PDF - 84 KB]||FAR Class Deviation, Cost Realism Analysis for Multiple-Award IDIQ Contracts||FAR 15.404-1(d)(2)||2016-09-23|
- GSA Implementation of Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, held October 13, 2021
- GSA’s Implementation of Section 889 of the FY 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), held October 28, 2020
- National Defense Authorization Act: Section 889, Held July 30, 2020
Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management
- GSA Enterprise-Level Cyber-Supply Chain Risk Management (C-SCRM) Strategic Plan [PDF - 435 KB]
- AA-2024-01 [PDF - 229 KB], Prohibition on a ByteDance Covered Application “TikTok” Interim FAR Rule Guidance
- Industry Message [PDF - 408 KB] about Acquisition Alert AA-2024-02, Workforce Guidance on FAR Case 2020-011, Implementation of Federal Acquisition Supply Chain Security Act (FASCSA) Orders (Interim Rule).
FAR and GSAM Cases
- Open GSAM and GSAR Cases [PDF - 177 KB]
- A listing of open FAR cases is maintained by Defense Pricing and Contracting
- SPE-2023-03 [PDF - 236 KB], GSA GS-1102 Modernization Project for Contracting Professionals
- SPE-2022-03 [PDF - 892 KB], Appropriate Internal Interactions in the Acquisition Process
- Acquisition Alert AA-2023-05 [PDF - 648 KB], Update on Contracting with 8(a) Businesses
- Acquisition Alert AA-2022-02 [PDF - 665 KB], Guidance on Addressing Inflation in GSA Contracts
- Acquisition Alert AA-2021-01 [PDF - 129 KB], Contractor Self-Assessments
- GSA-VA Assignment of Function [PDF - 249 KB]
- SPE-2024-01 [PDF - 126 KB], Increasing Opportunities and Advocating For People with Disabilities
- A copy of GSA’s Section 801 NDAA certification can be found on the Defense Pricing and Contracting website.
FAR Case 2021-008, Amendments to the FAR Buy American Act Requirements
- Made in America FAR Rule Flyer [PDF - 425 KB]
- Decision tree for item-by-item evaluation [PDF - 106 KB]
- Decision tree for group evaluation [PDF - 109 KB]
Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management and Section 889
- Section 889 FAQs [PDF - 237 KB]
- Section 889 Decision Tree -- Offeror [PDF - 55 KB]
- Section 889 Decision Tree -- Current Contractor [PDF - 51 KB]
- Section 889 Provisions and Clauses Tables [PDF - 73 KB]
- Section 889 Informational Flyer [PDF - 468 KB]
- Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management Criteria for Section 889 Part A [PDF - 80 KB]
- Cyber Supply Chain Risk Management Criteria for Section 889 Part B [PDF - 115 KB]
The Build America, Buy America Act, enacted as part of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act on November 15, 2021, requires that any infrastructure project receiving federal funding must source iron, steel, manufactured products, and construction materials from the United States. Per section 70914(c) of the Act, GSA may issue a waiver if it finds that:
- Applying the Buy America preference would be inconsistent with the public interest (a “public interest waiver”).
- Types of iron, steel, manufactured products, or construction materials are not produced in the United States in sufficient and reasonably available quantities or of a satisfactory quality (a “nonavailability waiver”).
- The inclusion of iron, steel, manufactured products, or construction materials produced in the United States will increase the cost of the overall project by more than 25 percent (an “unreasonable cost waiver”).
Any waiver GSA intends to issue will be posted to this website for public review and comment for 15 days.