GSA’s Office of Acquisition Policy (OAP) has been delegated the authority in GSA Order ADM 5450.39D, Chapter 6 to make determinations of eligibility for entities to use GSA sources of supply and services in accordance with GSA Order OGP 4800.2I.
Entities must be found eligible by GSA’s Office of Acquisition Policy in accordance with applicable statutes, regulations, and GSA Order OGP 4800.2I. The GSA sources available to an entity depend on the entity type. The chart below identifies the different types of entities and GSA sources as discussed in GSA Order OGP 4800.2I.
|Federal Agency Executive||Department of Commerce||a, b||Par 7.a.1|
|Federal Agency Legislative||Library of Congress||a, b||Par 7.b.1|
|Federal Agency Judicial||U.S. Tax Court||a, b||Par 7.b.1|
|Federal Independent Establishment Executive||Merit Systems Protection Board||a, b||Par 7.a.3|
|Federal Independent Establishment Legislative||Delaware River Basin Commission||a, b||Par 7.b.1|
|Government Corporation Wholly Owned||Millenium Challenge Corporation||a, b||Par 7.a.2|
|Government Corporation Mixed Ownership||Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation||a, b||Par 7.b.2|
|District of Columbia||District of Columbia Public Schools||a, b||Par 7.b.3|
|U.S. Territory||Government of Virgin Islands||a, b||Par 7.e.2|
|Tribal Organization ISDEAA||Muscogee Creek Nation||a, b||Par 7.d.5|
|Tribal Organization NAHASDA & TCSA||Cocopah Indian Housing and Development||a, b||Par 7.d.5|
|State or Local Government||City of Longview, TX||c, d, e, f||Par 7.d.6|
|State or Local Instrumentality3||Riverside County CA Municipal Water||c, d, e||Par 7.d.6|
|Higher Education Organization3||Murray State College||c, d||Par 7.d.6|
|Firefighting Organization3||U.S. Forest Service Authorized Entity||g||Par 7.d.4|
|Foreign Assistance Organization||International Monetary Fund||a, b||Par 7.e.3|
|Contractor Cost Reimbursement||Time & Material or Labor Hour Contracts||a, b||Par 7.d.1, 7.d.2|
|Contractor Fixed Price||Security Contracts||a, b||Par 7.d.3|
|Other||National Institute for the Deaf||a, b||Par 7.d.7, 7.e.1, 7.e.4|
Note 1: GSA Order OGP 4800.2I
Note 2: a = GSA Schedules - All, b = GSA Multi-Agency Contracts - All, c = GSA Schedules - IT (70) and Security (84), d = Disaster Emergency Response, e = Counterdrug and Homeland Security Activities, f = Public Health Emergency Response, g = Fire Program Supplies
Note 3: State or Local Instrumentalities may include local educational agencies, institutions of higher education, local law enforcement agencies, or local fire and rescue authorities. Higher Education Organizations may overlap with State or Local Instrumentalities. Firefighting Organizations may overlap with State or Local Instrumentalities.
The list of existing eligible entities [PDF - 33 KB] identifies those that have already been determined eligible. This list is updated regularly. This list includes the entities identified in the appendices of GSA Order OGP 4800.2I as well as known entities determined eligible since the order was issued. This is not a fully exhaustive list of eligible entities. Entities not included on the list may submit a request for an eligibility determination following the procedures below.
Entities are encouraged to review the list of existing eligible entities before submitting a request. All entities requesting eligibility determinations must submit the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Identify the entity type from the chart in Section I above (e.g., State or Local Instrumentality, Tribal Organization ISDEAA).
- Identify the authority for the requesting entity (e.g., Statute creating the entity, Articles of Incorporation noting the entity's type). Include any specific citations to streamline the review (e.g., Section, Paragraph).
- Identify the sources of supply of interest, reference the chart in Section I above.
- Identify any additional information, limited to one page, to support the eligibility determination request.
- Provide copies of all supporting documentation, including referenced authorities.
- Provide a point of contact if additional information is required.
Eligibility determinations explicitly state what types of sources of supply are available to the entity. Limitations to the eligibility determination include:
- Eligibility determinations cannot be transferred to a third party, such as a subcontractor.
- Eligibility determinations do not include purchases for resale unless specifically authorized.
- Eligibility determinations for Foreign Assistance are limited to purchases for civilian use only.
- Eligibility determinations for a State or Local entity to use GSA sources do not mandate participation by a Schedule contractor, sales shall be voluntary to a State or Local entity.
- Administrative support services from GSA for certain programs (e.g., GSA Advantage, GSA SmartPay) that may be provided to entities deemed eligible are not governed by this letter. Accessibility is determined by the specific program.
- Eligibility to receive Federal Surplus Property is not covered by this page.