Special Order Program
The GSA Global Supply Special Order Program (SOP) provides complete, full-service acquisition management support to help you acquire the products you need most. We simplified the entire acquisition process, from proposal preparation through contract award, allowing you to focus on your mission. You can be sure our comprehensive service complies with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and other applicable regulations. You have the flexibility to use the funding mechanism that works best for you—Military Standard Requisitioning and Issue Procedures (MILSTRIP) or a Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR).
Our Special Order Program offers streamlined access to:
- Law-enforcement, safety and security products;
- Maintenance, repair and operations supplies;
- Construction materials, tools, equipment and appliances;
- Products that support wildland-firefighting and disaster-relief efforts;
- Office supplies and equipment;
- Housewares and cleaning equipment; and
- Much, much more.
Our certified contract, project and financial-management professionals will expertly navigate the range of procurement vehicles to help you obtain the products you need most – delivered to you anywhere in the world.
See the reference documents listed below to learn more about the Special Order Program.
Send an email to SpecialOrderProgram@gsa.gov to get started.
- SOP Brochure [PDF]
- DD Form 448 Guide [PDF - 102 KB]
- Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR) Form (DD448) [PDF - 126 KB]
- MILSTRIP Instructions for Form (1348-6) [PDF - 122 KB]
- DD 1348-6 Form [PDF - 561 KB]
- Interagency Agreement Form [PDF - 137 KB] (Fillable) - 2017 version
Order Acceptance Criteria
For details on order acceptance criteria for products without standing GSA Global Supply contract coverage, please see Revised Order Acceptance Criteria as of May 1, 2019 [PDF - 368 KB].
Fees on Small Orders for Products without Standing GSA Global Supply Contract Coverage
Effective February 1, 2017, GSA Global Supply will increase the fees for conducting acquisitions for products without a standing GSA Global Supply contract for orders valued under $3,500 (cost of goods before fee applied) see this Notice on Fee Change for Non-Contract Purchases [PDF - 29 KB] for more information.