Electronic Data Interchange
This is GSA Global Supply’s preferred method for conducting business transactions. It is a fully automated process that entails a per transaction cost. Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) provides for full electronic processing of all ordering transactions. It is restricted to high volume Vendors with at least 100 purchase orders per month.
*GSA does not endorse any third-party EDI Vendors.
GSA utilizes the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) X-12 family of transaction sets to electronically communicate both “Inbound” and “Outbound” transaction sets. GSA Global Supply has partnered with IBM to develop and operate an EDI Gateway for Purchase Order (PO) creation and management services. Vendors must follow a standardized onboarding process to set up a connection to the EDI gateway.
Vendors must be current GSA Global Supply contract holders. The expectations for the vendors are as follows:
- Contact GSAEDI@gsa.gov to start the process.
- Complete the EDI onboarding survey to determine specific EDI capabilities.
- Attend an EDI kickoff meeting to exchange connection information and review EDI requirements.
- Actively engage in the testing process:
- Provide a test catalog to generate test transactions that need to be received, acknowledged and processed.
- Respond in a timely manner to questions and requests for information.
The testing process concludes with GSA Global Supply validating the transactions received from the vendor and providing approval to be a certified GSA Global Supply EDI vendor. At that point, the vendor can start conducting business with GSA Global Supply using EDI.
EDI Transaction Technical Specifications
GSA Global Supply operates an EDI Gateway for Purchase Order (PO) creation and management services.
At a minimum, the following transactions will be validated:
- EDI 850 Purchase Order 4010 v1.5
- EDI 850 Purchase Order 5010 v1.4
- EDI 997 Functional Acknowledgement
- EDI 855 Purchase Order Acknowledgement v4010 V1.1
- EDI 856 Advance Ship Notice/Manifest v4010 v1.5
- EDI 860 Purchase Order Change v4010 v1.1
- OMS EDI 810 Invoice v4010 v1.2
To request any of the above documents please email firstname.lastname@example.org.