Guide to Preparing a Schedule Offer
Although Schedules are the premier vehicle for government sales, including federal, state, and local government agencies, they are not the only option. Getting a Multiple Award Schedule (MAS) or Schedule contract does not guarantee business with the government. Your contract will need to be managed, marketed, and you will need to actively pursue opportunities to work with the government. Please take the time to understand the federal market for your product and service offerings. Research how buyers prefer to buy the supplies and services you offer and review other contract options and subcontracting opportunities to understand if Schedule is right for you.
In the following MAS New Offeror Roadmap you will learn how to send an offer to sell commercial products and services under the MAS Program. To be considered for a Schedule contract, you’ll need to give accurate and complete information that describes your company, experience, and commercial products and services. All this information sent together in an electronic package, through our eOffer system, will make up your offer.
If you choose to pursue a Schedule contract, here is an outline of the process. Offerors will:
- Understand and compile the information and requirements documents to send an offer
- Review and understand your product and service offerings and unique category requirements
- Complete required training
- Complete and send an offer through the eOffer/eMod system.
- A GSA contracting representative will be assigned to review and evaluate your offer
GSA will try to award offers efficiently and effectively. However, complete review, potential negotiations, and award may take up to 12 months. Submission of an offer does not guarantee the award of a Schedule contract. Keep the following in mind:
- Complete, well-documented offers with competitive pricing are easier and faster to review.
- Getting a contract does not guarantee your company will receive orders. You still need to market your business -- see the “Sell” section of this guide.
The links below include a Roadmap through the offer process. You’ll take these steps to create and send a GSA Schedules Program offer.
|Get Ready||Assemble Your Offer||Finalize Your Offer|
Look for these icons as you move through the guide to help you identify next steps and more information needed to complete each activity.
Website or system you'll use
Document we’ll give you to fill out
Information you'll need to include
Save an item to use later
Estimated time to complete