Notification and Federal Employee Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002
Equal Employment Opportunity No FEAR Act Posting
The purpose of the Notification and Federal Employee Antidiscrimination and Retaliation Act of 2002 (No FEAR Act), Public Law 107-174, is to reduce the incidence of workplace discrimination within the Federal government by holding Federal agencies accountable for violations of Federal antidiscrimination and whistleblower protection laws. The No FEAR Act requires a Federal agency to --
- notify employees and applicants for employment about their rights under the Federal antidiscrimination and whistleblower laws;
- provide training to its employees, including managers, on the rights and remedies available under antidiscrimination and whistleblower laws; and
- post quarterly on its public website summary statistical data about equal employment opportunity (EEO) complaints filed with the agency.
In addition, Section 203 of the No FEAR Act requires each agency to submit to Congress, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the U.S. Department of Justice, and the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, an annual report that includes the following:
- The number, status, and disposition of discrimination and whistleblower cases (including Federal court cases) filed against the agency;
- Judgement fund reimbursements and any agency budget adjustments to meet reimbursement requirements;
- The number and type of disciplinary actions related to discrimination, retaliation, harassment, or other prohibited personnel practices and the agency disciplinary policy;
- Year-end summary EEO complaint data; and
- An analysis of trends, causation, and practical knowledge gained through experience, and any actions planned or taken to improve agency complaint or civil rights programs.
For further information about the No FEAR Act data, or the Federal sector EEO complaints process, or to file an EEO complaint, please call the Office of Civil Rights at 202-501-0767.
Quarterly Data Report FY 2021
GSA FY 2021 No FEAR 4th Quarter Data Report [PDF - 206 KB]
Annual Report FY 2020
FY 2020 Annual No FEAR Act Report [PDF - 867 KB]
GSA's No FEAR Act library
Frequently Asked Questions
EEOC's frequently asked questions about the No FEAR Act