GSA is the federal government’s “one-stop shop” for supporting the transition of the federal fleet to a 100% zero-emission vehicle fleet. We procure the vehicles the government needs, acquire the infrastructure to power those vehicles, and contract for the installation of the equipment needed to get this effort started.
We are here to answer your questions. Check out the resources available and let us help you get started!
Get Your Electric Vehicle Charging Station
GSA has a variety of level 1, 2, and DC fast charging stations along with photovoltaic and portable options. There are options for network and operations/maintenance plans, along with installation assistance and station activation.
Learn more about GSA's Charging Infrastructure Offerings.
Explore Alternative Financing & Support
Engage with your local utility regarding your site’s current and future EV-related energy needs.
- Research local utility EVSE financing and incentives.
- Research applicable tariffs that may allow you to leverage a GSA Areawide Public Utility Contracts for installation.
- Use the Department of Energy’s Utility Energy Service Contracts (UESCs) and EV Utility Finder Tool to find utility partners and incentives. If federal facilities do not fit within an offered program, utilities may work to identify a similarly suitable offering.
Install Your Electric Vehicle Charging Station
GSA offers support including:
- Electric vehicle supply equipment installation
- Feasibility studies and site assessments
- Construction and design-build services
- Utility company coordination
- Electrical infrastructure upgrades (e.g., switchgear, transformers, etc.)
- Site work services (e.g., trenching, bollards, signage, pavement markings, etc.)
- Equipment testing and commissioning
GSA has awarded Governmentwide Design/Build and Construction IDIQ Contracts for EVSE Installation and Related Infrastructure at federal locations nationwide.
For installation support tailored to your needs, please contact the PBS EV Infrastructure PMO.
Acquire Electric Vehicles
GSA has zero-emission vehicles such as:
- Battery electric and fuel cell electric vehicles, which use electricity to power the electric motor, and
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles, which use both gasoline and electricity to propel the vehicle.
Learn more about all of GSA's Alternative Fuel Vehicles.
Learn About Electric Vehicles & Infrastructure
A variety of free web-based, instructor led training, and self-teaching tools is available.
- Department of Energy’s Federal Energy Management Program | FEMP Training Catalog.
- Department of Energy’s electrification-related resources.
- Visit GSA Fleet Training to sign-up for future live training and watch previously recorded sessions.
Work with GSA
GSA can assist and work with your agency for all your infrastructure needs.
- GSA Managed Space or GSA Leased Space: GSA Facility Managers
- Multi-Site/National Requests or Non-GSA Managed Space: PBS EV Infrastructure PMO
- Hardware, Software, Make-Ready Services Only: GSA Fleet Team
Electric Vehicle & Infrastructure News:
- GSA Awards New Blanket Purchase Agreements for Electric Vehicle Supply Equipment Procurement
- PBS's Role in Planning and Installing Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- The future of transportation is electric, and charging stations are powering the transition
- GSA's Transit Bus Program Awards Include First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Bus Offerings
- GSA Awards New Model Year 2022 Light-duty Vehicle Contracts
- How GSA is Expanding Access to Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- It's Electric! Celebrating National Drive Electric Week