Travel Management Policy Overview

GSA's travel management policies seek to improve the management and systems utilized by federal agencies to enable efficient travel by their employees.

These efforts involve:

  • Continuously evaluating travel programs and policies;
  • Examining new technologies and automated systems;
  • Analyzing the impact of current and proposed regulations, laws, executive orders, and international agreements;
  • Facilitating the Senior Travel Officials Council (STOC); and
  • Educating and training of federal travel professionals.

Access the Federal Travel Regulation (FTR) and Travel/Per Diem Bulletins.

The shortcut to this page is

print Share Icon Last Reviewed: 2019-09-13