Micro-Purchase Delegation of Authority
Customers may directly procure projects and services without an RWA in facilities under the jurisdiction, custody, and control of GSA, if the following conditions are met:
- The cost of the work is at or below the Micro-Purchase threshold ($2,000 for construction, $2,500 for services).
- The Agency has received the written concurrence of the GSA Building/Property Manager or, if a leased building, with the written concurrence of the GSA Lease Administration Manager (LAM) and Lease Contracting Officer.
- The authority, which was delegated to the head of the customer agency, has been delegated down to the requesting agency official.
Resources and Guidance
- Micro-Purchase Delegation for Federal Agencies [PDF - 138 KB]
- Micro-Purchase Delegation for the Judiciary [PDF - 219 KB]
- Micro-Purchase Fact Sheet [PDF - 236 KB]
- Appendix A: Operational Guidance for use by GSA and Tenants [PDF - 93 KB]
- Emergency Acquisition Flexibilities for Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) [PDF - 163 KB]
- Questions about the Micro-Purchase Delegation program?
- Questions about how authority is delegated down within your agency?