GSA Awards 27 Small Businesses Building Maintenance and Operations Phase II Contracts
Best-in-Class, Strategically-Sourced Solution Poised to Save Time and Money for Federal Agencies
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) has awarded 27 new contracts to small businesses for its Phase II Building Maintenance and Operations (BMO) Best-in-Class (BIC) strategic sourcing solution. This multiple award solution gives government agencies a more streamlined process for acquiring facility maintenance and operations services, including electrical maintenance, janitorial, landscaping, fire alarm and suppression system maintenance, commissioning and more.
"From HVAC maintenance to plumbing services, elevator inspection, and everything in between - these BMO awards provide federal agencies with a fast, flexible and reliable way to obtain best value solutions for their complex Building Maintenance and Operations Services requirements, while also cutting administrative costs and reducing duplicative contracts," said GSA's FAS Heartland Region Commissioner and Facilities and Construction Governmentwide Category Manager Mary Ruwwe. "GSA's BMO was also named a Best-in-Class solution, a designation that recognizes these contracts as 'good-for-government' purchasing solutions that should be used by all agencies."
All BIC solutions:
- Are designated BIC by a cross-agency team of experts
- Have category management practices in place
- Are well-managed and transparent
- Collect, analyze and share transactional data
- Have tools to share info and reduce duplication
- Define, track and publicize metrics
In order to promote small business participation, the BMO solution uses a zoned approach to create reasonably sized regions in which small businesses can realistically compete and operate. Phase II adds five additional zones to the BMO solution:
- Zone 2 - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont (18 small business awards)
- Zone 3 - Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina (25 small business awards)
- Zone 4 - Oklahoma, Texas (24 small business awards)
- Zone 5 - California, Nevada (21 small business awards)
- Zone 6 - Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska (18 small business awards)
This solution is a multiple-award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity task order contract vehicle. Additional contracts will be awarded for the Phase II BMO Unrestricted soon.
This contract vehicle features reduced administrative costs, more accurate price comparisons, improved visibility on spending and pricing, and more flexibility with task orders. Awards were made to the highest technically rated firms offering a fair and reasonable price. The performance period for all contracts include a five-year base with one five-year option. Commercial contract terms and conditions apply.
A total of 27 small business contracts were awarded covering the five new zones. Please see chart below for the awarded companies and zones.
- ACEPEX Management
- Action Facilities Management, Inc.
- B3 Enterprises LLC
- Ben Fitzgerald Real Estate
- Brown Point Management Solutions
- Chenega Facility Management
- Facility Services Management
- Global Precision Systems
- Government Contracting Resources, Inc.
- Infinite ABM
- Inspection Experts, Inc.
- KCorp Support Services, Inc.
- Native Energy & Technology
- NVE, Inc.
- Panacea Group, LLC
- Preventative Maintenance Services Company (PMSC)
- Raven Service Corporation
- Raymond Pond Solutions
- SDAC Facility Service LLC
- Tidewater, Inc.
- Tigua Enterprises, Inc.
- United Facility Services Corp.
- Urban Services Group
- VW International, Inc.
- Wilson 5 Service Company Inc.
- WW Contractors, Inc.
For more information about BMO, visit BMO on GSA Interact.