IAE Systems Modernization
The IAE is consolidating what were recently many separate systems into one place, SAM.gov. The systems and processes we are modernizing enable federal awards to happen. When complete, data security will be standardized, administrative oversight will be streamlined, and databases will be unified allowing for more efficient searches and analysis.
The new system will empower users to seamlessly leverage vast stores of data and to discover a wide range of awards in a single, unified platform.
The modernization effort is:
- Reducing the barrier of entry into doing business with the federal government by providing a single portal to perform all of the work in the government award lifecycle.
- Improving data integrity and security by reducing data redundancy and securing all award data at a consistent level with more modern controls.
- Streamlining role management and administrative oversight.
- Facilitating a successful user experience for both entities and government users with a unified experience and improved user-centric tools.
- Creating a flexible and scalable technical foundation that supports future system growth and development.
The following legacy systems have been decommissioned and their functionalities successfully transitioned to SAM.gov or another system:
- FAPIIS.gov – Federal Awardee Performance and Integrity Information System
- FBO.gov – Federal Business Opportunities
- CFDA.gov – Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
- WDOL.gov – Wage Determination Online
- FPDS.gov Reports – Federal Procurement Data System (reports only)
- PPIRS.gov – Past Performance Information Retrieval System (merged with CPARS)
For questions about the IAE Systems, email IAEOutreach@gsa.gov.
For press inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.