Category management is an approach the Federal Government is applying to buy smarter and more like a single enterprise. The goals of government-wide category management are to:
- Deliver more savings, value, and efficiency for Federal agencies;
- Eliminate unnecessary contract redundancies; and
- Meet the government’s small business goals.
Category management references:
Background on category management within the federal government:
- White House Blog: An Update to Drive Category Management Governmentwide, Anne Rung and Tom Sharpe, October 14, 2015;
- GSA Blog: Taking Category Management Governmentwide, Anne Rung, January 7, 2015;
- Office of Federal Procurement Policy Memo — Transforming the Marketplace: Simplifying Federal Procurement to Improve Performance, Drive Innovation, and Increase Savings [PDF], December 4, 2014; and
- Federal Acquisition: Acting As One on YouTube.