Access: Project management tool
As a stakeholder for a project in federally-owned or -leased space, collaborate on project activities using project management software called Kahua. All project stakeholders, both internal and external, are eligible to access Kahua. Following approval by GSA, Kahua accounts are distributed to stakeholders at no charge. You must login to Kahua at least once every 90 days for your account to remain active. Kahua accounts are automatically removed after 90 days of inactivity. If your account is removed and you still need access, email email@example.com to request that your account be reactivated. Do not use the request account form to request account reactivation.
Complete and submit the request access form to set up your Kahua account.
Finalize your account
You will receive a message from firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: Kahua Invitation. Follow the instructions on how to finalize your account.
Choose how you want to access your Kahua account
For the best user experience, we recommend using the desktop app rather than the browser version.
- Download Kahua desktop app to your computer.
- Select the desktop icon to open Kahua desktop app. Note: the most updated version may not open via the desktop icon. See below instructions for checking for software updates.
Check for software updates
- Click launch.kahuafn.com or copy and paste the URL in your web browser.
- In the pop-up window that appears:
- Check the box to Always allow to open links of this type in the associated app.
- Select Open Kahua.
In your browser enter the URL launch.kahuafn.com and it will install the latest software updates and open the Kahua desktop app. Updates typically occur over the weekend.
- In your browser, enter the URL: launch.kahuafn.com.
- Select ‘Launch in Browser.’
- On your iPhone, open the App Store and search for Kahua.
- Select ‘kahua mobile Construction Management.’
- Select ‘Get’ to install the app on your government- or contractor-issued mobile device.
- On your Android phone, open the Google Play Store and search for Kahua.
- Select ‘kahua mobile Kahua Business.’
- Select ‘Install’ to install the app on your government- or contractor-issued mobile device.
Training resources: how to access the Kahua app
External stakeholders: General contractors, construction managers, architects, lessors, lease brokers, federal customers.
Internal stakeholders: Project managers for federally owned or leased space, contracting officer representatives (CORs), architectural/engineering/sustainability subject matter experts, building managers/property managers, contracting officers, budget analysts, client planning managers, asset managers, regional managers, national program managers.
Contact us for help
To ask questions about accessing or using Kahua or to provide feedback on the tool: