The Transportation Management Services Solution (TMSS 2.0) is GSA’s transportation management solution. TMSS 2.0 provides a suite of services and advanced management tools that promote efficiency during shipment creation, planning, tendering, execution, and reporting in a single solution and at zero cost.
Benefits of Using TMSS 2.0
- Available at no cost.
- Provides access to GSA’s highly competitive negotiated rates.
- Streamlines transportation sourcing with automated load tendering.
- Lists detailed shipment information regarding accessorials, pickup and delivery schedules.
- Provides enhanced accountability through detailed transaction history.
- 24/7 shipment booking capabilities.
- Allows you to choose from more than 1,000 approved Transportation Service Providers (TSPs).
Capabilities of TMSS 2.0
- Compare costs of freight transportation.
- Supports motor, rail, ocean, air and international freight shipments.
- Offers automated shipment planning and tendering.
- Supports location specific information, such as required delivery dates, pickup, and delivery hours.
- Automatically generates bill of lading (BOL).
- Allows agencies to communicate directly to their TSP.
- Agencies can create, rate, and offer shipments in TMSS 2.0.
- Transportation Service Providers (TSPs) may accept or reject shipment offers.
- The bill of lading (BOL) is automatically generated.
- View the shipment status, receive event notifications, and alerts.
- Pickup, delivery and shipment charges are confirmed and the BOL is automatically sent to the Third Party Payment System (for agencies who have signed up).
- See more details in the robust report center.
Within TMSS 2.0 you can:
- Accept or reject shipments.
- Message agencies directly about shipments.
- Add memos to the Bill of lading (BOL).
- Provide shipment status updates.
- Confirm shipment charges prior to proof of delivery.
- Submit the invoice to the Third Party Payment System.
Get Started Using TMSS 2.0
Frequently Asked Questions
GSA can conduct online training as needed before an agency’s go-live date. For more information on training, email email@example.com.
If you are a customer considering TMSS 2.0, GSA will work with you to perform an assessment of your agency's current transportation program and processes. If no integration is required, onboarding is a fairly quick and simple process and will primarily include user profile set-up and training. If integration is required, GSA, and your agency, will jointly determine the level of effort and a timeline for integration.
For assistance email our Transportation Program experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.