The Transportation Management Services Solution (TMSS 2.0) is GSA’s transportation management solution. TMSS 2.0 provides a suite of services and advanced management tools that promote efficiency during shipment creation, planning, tendering, execution, and reporting in a single solution and at zero cost.
Benefits of Using TMSS 2.0
- Available at no cost.
- Provides access to GSA’s highly competitive negotiated rates.
- Streamlines transportation sourcing with automated load tendering.
- Lists detailed shipment information regarding accessorials, pickup and delivery schedules.
- Provides enhanced accountability through detailed transaction history.
- 24/7 shipment booking capabilities.
- Allows you to choose from more than 1,000 approved Transportation Service Providers (TSPs).
Capabilities of TMSS 2.0
- Compare costs of freight transportation.
- Supports motor, rail, ocean, air and international freight shipments.
- Offers automated shipment planning and tendering.
- Supports location specific information, such as required delivery dates, pickup, and delivery hours.
- Automatically generates bill of lading (BOL).
- Allows agencies to communicate directly to their TSP.
- Agencies can create, rate, and offer shipments in TMSS 2.0.
- Transportation Service Providers (TSPs) may accept or reject shipment offers.
- The bill of lading (BOL) is automatically generated.
- View the shipment status, receive event notifications, and alerts.
- Pickup, delivery and shipment charges are confirmed and the BOL is automatically sent to the Third Party Payment System (for agencies who have signed up).
- See more details in the robust report center.
Within TMSS 2.0 you can:
- Accept or reject shipments.
- Message agencies directly about shipments.
- Add memos to the Bill of lading (BOL).
- Provide shipment status updates.
- Confirm shipment charges prior to proof of delivery.
- Submit the invoice to the Third Party Payment System.
Get Started Using TMSS 2.0
Sign up at TMSS.gsa.gov. Once on the site, scroll down and select "Register". For help signing on please visit tmss.gsa.gov/tmss/help.
Frequently Asked Questions
GSA can conduct online training as needed before an agency’s go-live date. For more information on training, email email@example.com.
If you are a customer considering TMSS 2.0, GSA will work with you to perform an assessment of your agency's current transportation program and processes. If no integration is required, onboarding is a fairly quick and simple process and will primarily include user profile set-up and training. If integration is required, GSA, and your agency, will jointly determine the level of effort and a timeline for integration.
For assistance email our Transportation Program experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.