How to Use BMO
BMO will help your agency acquire building maintenance and operations services more efficiently and economically. GSA issues a Delegation of Procurement Authority to the customer agency Ordering Contracting Officer who performs the acquisition.
For detailed ordering procedures, please refer to the BMO Ordering Guide [PDF - 462 KB].
For VA customers, please refer to VETS VIP Certified Vendors [XLSX - 14 KB].
Request Delegation of Procurement Authority training
The DPA establishes the Ordering Contracting Officer's roles and responsibilities. DPA training is a mandatory activity for OCO’s. Only warranted Contracting Officers are eligible to receive a DPA. A single DPA will be issued for both BMO and BMO SB.
To get started, use the BMO Training Request Form. See BMO training for an upcoming schedule of training events. Once training is completed CLPs will be issued with instructions on requesting a DPA. You will be able to issue task orders after receiving your DPA.
GSA offers scope reviews to ensure the BMO/BMO SB contracts are being used properly. While a scope review is optional, it is highly encouraged to ensure the best fit with BMO services and to help reduce the risk of protest due to scope. Most reviews will be completed within 48 hours, depending on the complexity of the task order. Please complete this BMO Scope Request Form [DOC - 49 KB] and send along with the statement of work to the BMO Team at email: email@example.com.
The GSA Scope Review Tool is also available to request scope reviews. Use the following steps to request a scope review through the GSA Scope Review Tool. By utilizing this market research tool, the submitted scope will be initially reviewed for BMO compatibility. If BMO is not able to be utilized, then the Scope Review team will consider other GSA acquisition vehicles that may meet your agency’s needs. Ultimately, this tool provides a review that is inclusive of all applicable, available GSA acquisition vehicles.
Directions for accessing the GSA Scope Review Tool:
- Go to www.BUY.GSA.GOV.
- From the home page, click “Buying”.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Acquisition Stages”.
- From the “Acquisition Stages” menu click “Market Research and Planning”.
- Scroll down to “Getting Professional Services, Human Capital, Facilities, Security and Protection Specific Help”.
- Click “Services Scope Review”.
- Scroll down to the drop-down menu.
- Click Multiple Award Schedule.
- Click Next.
- Enter the appropriate information into the form.
- For the question “Do you have any additional notes for the GSA program Office Review?”, include this statement in the entry “This SOW is to be reviewed for BMO compatibility”.
- Attached the SOW and, if available, the Independent Government Estimate.
- Within 1 – 3 business days, the Scope Reviews team will email you regarding your request.
How to issue a task order
For more detailed procedures, please refer to the BMO Ordering Guide [PDF - 637 KB]. Ordering guidelines are in accordance with FAR Part 16.505.
- Conduct market research and acquisition planning.
- Request optional scope review (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Build the Task Order Solicitation.
- Issue the Task Order Solicitation via GSA eBuy or your agency's preferred method.
- Conduct evaluations. Award the Task Order.
- Send awarded TO to the BMO Team at email@example.com.
- Report contract actions: View instructions on task order reporting in the FPDS-NG system.
- Administer the Task Order.
- Review past performance: Review and report your contractor’s past performance.
- Close out your task order when appropriate.
GSA has appointed an Ombudsman to resolve complaints related to fair opportunity in the ordering process as well as reviewing any decision to place a contractor in dormant status. Learn more about GSA’s Procurement Ombudsman and see additional contact information.
Federal buying options on Acquisition Gateway
See what's new in Category Management, the process of managing product or service categories as strategic business units and customizing them to meet customer needs. The Acquisition Gateway is an information portal for all purchasing vehicles, presented in hallways of like solutions.
Check out BMO on the Acquisition Gateway through OMB Max. Select “Facilities and Construction” under Hallways to get more info on BMO and other facility related services. You can find BMO pricing in the gateway under the federal users side.