Find authorities supporting tribal use of our sources
Use this menu of options to see the laws that enable you as a tribe or tribal entity to use our sources, and to see the type of contracts, programs, and services you can shop with us for. If you don’t see the specific source that interests you, please contact us.
When considering use of our sources, take time to familiarize yourself with, and understand the ordering requirements, as well as all limitations, conditions, and requirements that may apply.
[25 U.S.C. § 5324(k)]
|Tribally controlled schools and certain non-profits1
[25 U.S.C. § 2507(a)(6)]
[25 U.S.C. § 4111(j)]
|Urban Indian Organizations
[25 U.S.C. § 1660g]
[40 U.S.C. § 502(c)]
|Interagency contracts||Multiple Award Schedule||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes2|
|Governmentwide Acquisition Contract||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Travel and transit||GSA SmartPay®||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|GSA travel programs||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|Donations||Computers for Learning||yes|
|Government property||Excess/surplus personal property||
- Schools serving pre-K through grade 12 and some educational non-profit organizations.
- Limited to products and services available via specific programs: Cooperative Purchasing Program, Disaster Purchasing Program, and Public Health Emergencies Program.
- Pending BIA and IHS determination.
Definitions and information
- Multiple Award Schedule, or MAS — MAS is a long-term governmentwide contract that provides access to millions of commercial products, services, and solutions. MAS is sometimes referred to as Federal Supply Schedule, or FSS.
- Governmentwide Acquisition Contract, or GWAC — Our GWAC contract vehicles provide access to IT services and customized IT services-based solutions. Each GWAC is different, so there may be additional requirements that apply. Examples of GWACs include 8(a) STARS III and Alliant 2. Tribal purchasing derives its authority from statutes and 7(d)(5) of OGP 4800.2I [PDF - 201 KB].
- Multi-agency contract, or MAC — A MAC is a contract that provides access to various supplies, services, and solutions. Each MAC is different, so there may be an exception to use, or additional requirements that apply. Examples of MACs include Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions and OASISsm and OASIS Small Business.
- GSA SmartPay® — The world’s largest government charge card program and commercial payment solution program. Main program federal government uses to purchase airline, rail and bus tickets.
- GSA travel programs — Our various resources and programs that provide commercial travel services. Examples of our travel programs include the GSA City Pair Program and FedRooms®.
- Vehicle purchasing — Purchase various vehicles to fit a range of mission needs. Call GSA Fleet at 844-474-1200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. Read our Fleet FAQs for tribes [PDF - 196 KB].
- Vehicle leasing — Lease various vehicles that fit a variety of needs, e.g., automobiles, buses, and ambulances, through GSA Fleet.
- Computers for Learning — A program promoting the reuse of computers for eligible schools and educational organizations.
- Excess/surplus personal property — A program where we help federal agencies with excess and surplus personal property through reuse of excess property and sale or donation of surplus property. Tribes must be eligible under a special authority to receive excess and/or surplus property, and will need an Activity Address Code. AACs can be requested by emailing email@example.com.