Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6)
The Office of Management and Budget mandates the transition to IPv6. IPv6 provides greatly expanded IP address space with better mobility and security. It can also reduce your network administration and security support costs downstream.
The Guidance for Program Management of Agency Transition to an IPv6-only Environment document is intended to help customer Agencies contract for services required to meet the milestones outlined in OMB Memorandum 21-07 and includes a Statement of Work (SOW) template that can be customized to specific agency needs.
How to Order and Contracts
GSA provides access to several contracts for IPv6-compliant equipment, applications, transition support, and integrated solutions.
- Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) is a comprehensive solution-based vehicle to address all aspects of federal agency IT, telecommunications, and infrastructure needs.
- GWACs provide IPv6 transition services as part of a total IT solution.
- MAS Information Technology offers commercial IPv6-compliant IT products and services.
- Networx allows federal agencies to build seamless, secure operating environments through customized telecommunications services, including IPv6 services.
Use contractor and vehicle information on eLibrary for the following products and services:
- New equipment purchase;
- Used or refurbished equipment purchase;
- IT professional services; and
- Electronic commerce and subscription services.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/ipv6.