Information Technology Policy
GSA’s Office of Information Integrity and Access (I2A) develops, advances, and accelerates solutions that deliver world-class IT across government. With a wealth of IT and policy expertise on our team, we enable agency implementation of government-wide information technology (IT) policies and programs, and use data, analysis and collaboration to deliver results and solutions that improve Federal IT service delivery.
Via our collaborative working relationships with Office of Management and Budget’s (OMB) Office of E-Gov and IT and the Chief Information Officers Council (CIOC), we support CIOs, IT procurement personnel, and other IT decision makers with services, expertise, and solutions to address both the most common, and the most complex, Federal IT challenges.
- By government, for government—Our mission aligns with that of our government clients, to continuously improve the effectiveness of Federal IT.
- Long term solutions—We have a culture and history of sustained attention to finding IT solutions for cross-agency issues, long after the spotlight is gone.
- Leverage the Federal enterprise—We maximize the purchasing and processing power of the Federal government to enable faster, cost-effective adoption of new technologies.
- CIO champion—We work with Federal CIOs to understand, support and address their most challenging issues. CIO success is our success.
Operating at the intersection of policy and program execution, our team helps CIOs navigate the complexities of Federal IT, including:
- Domain Services and internet connectivity for the U.S. Government
- Identity, Credential, and Access Management
- IT Accessibility and Section 508 compliance
- IT Infrastructure Modernization and data center optimization
I2A operates four distinct lines of business: CIO Engagement, Digital Government, Information Security, and IT Infrastructure Modernization. Under those business lines, we manage several government-wide programs and Communities of Practice (CoPs).