Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS) Transition
Originally set to expire on or before May 2020, GSA extended the current telecommunications contracts until May 2023. Agencies should focus on meeting transition-related timelines noted below. Use of the extended contracts will be further restricted by the limitations process and the freeze on modifications and orders. Read more about this in the letter to all Agency Transition Sponsors [PDF - 139 KB] from GSA's Assistant Commissioner Bill Zielinski.
- -- October 1, 2020: Freeze on modifications to Networx and WITS3 and on orders for the Local Service Contracts.
- -- March 31, 2021: 50% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- March 31, 2022: 90% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- September 30, 2022: 100% of agencies’ telecom inventory must be off current contracts and moved to EIS.
- -- May 31, 2023: Networx, WITS3, and Local Service telecom contracts expire.
- NEW: Read the Project Plan for Closeout of Transition [PDF - 3 MB] to EIS to understand GSA's approach for enforcing the eligibility condition for the extension of the expiring contracts and ensuring all services are disconnected from the expiring contracts by May 2023. The Networks Authorized User List (NAUL) [XLSX - 88 KB] specifies the agencies authorized by GSA to use the extended contracts (see Section H.2.3a and b of those contracts). As GSA implements the Closeout Project, the NAUL is revised and updated here.
- Review GSA's Full Service Transition Plan [PDF - 4 MB] for updates on local number portability and coordination with Public Buildings Service (PBS)
- Learn how GSA is helping small agencies and Native American tribes [PDF - 368 KB] through EIS' GSAAT process
- Check monthly for the EIS Transition Progress Tracking Report Dashboard [PDF - 1 MB] for an overview of transition progress.
- Gain a better understanding of EIS Management and Operations (MOPS) related processes by completing the EIS MOPS Training (Interact)!
Find tools, self-help instructions, and resources to help your federal agency transition from Networx, WITS3, and Local Telecommunications Services contracts to Enterprise Infrastructure Solutions (EIS).
What is Transition?
Learn the basics about transition and what you need to do to prepare.
Save time by accessing the expert help you need.
Browse resources available for guidance on transitioning to EIS.
The shortcut to this page is gsa.gov/eistransition.