E-Gov Travel Service (ETS)
The E-Gov Travel Service (ETS) is a governmentwide, web-based, world-class travel management service. This streamlined service continually applies commercial best practices to realize travel efficiencies and deliver a transparent, accountable, and sustainable service that yields exceptional customer satisfaction.
ETS has unified over 80 Executive Branch agencies to a common, secure, web-based, automated service. It eliminated over 250 disparate, non-web based and paper-driven systems; leveraged the government’s purchasing power; increased online adoption; reduced reimbursement cycle time; and significantly reduced vendor costs.
The ETS program is currently operating in its second contract period, ETS2, which includes a three (3)-year base period and three four (4)-year option periods through June 3, 2027. The legacy ETS transition will run through November 11, 2015. At that time, all customer agencies will be transitioned to ETS2.
ETS2 enables the government to further consolidate travel services, platforms, and channels, improve leverage of government travel spending, reduce waste, and increase transparency for improved accountability. This directly aligns and supports the Office of Management and Budget Memo M-12-12, Promoting Efficient Spending to Support Agency Operations, with respect to travel.
ETS2 new benefits and features
- Improved usability and optimized online travel planning
- Increased navigation and ease-of-use, enabling informed cost and sustainability decisions at point-of-sale
- Strengthened operational environment, improving management by adopting commercial best practices in software development, data transparency and improved security controls
Read the official press releases and view ETS2 contract awards at the E2 Solutions and ConcurGov travel services resource library.
- CWTSatoTravel (E2 Solutions)
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services, formerly Electronic Data Systems Corp (FedTraveler.com)
- Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (GovTrip)