FAST2023 kickoff: Building a future-ready workforce
Post filed in: Federal Acquisition Service
On February 22 at 1 p.m. ET, join us as we kick off the Federal Acquisition Service Training (FAST) 2023 conference series with “Acquiring Professional Services to Build a Future-Ready Workforce.”
Learn from human capital experts, including special guests from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM). They’ll lead a candid discussion on how to address current trends that challenge how agencies attract, equip, develop, and retain top talent.
Topics include how to:
Design your workforce:
- Position your existing personnel for success with education and training.
- Develop an in-person, hybrid, or virtual work environment.
- Train management on successful methods for leading virtual teams.
Improve hiring practices:
- Write more effective language and keywords in job descriptions.
- Explore existing programs available like the Pathways Program.
- Shift toward demonstrable, skill-based hiring versus potential-based hiring.
Close skill gaps:
- Learn about federal positions on OPM’s high-risk list including acquisition, human resources, cybersecurity, and more.
- Consider rotational assignments to diversify skill sets and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop a plan to address organizational deficiencies.
Equip your workforce:
- Acquire the best and latest tech to maximize the efficiency of your agency.
- Give your agency personnel the skills to succeed in a virtual environment.
Let us help you face these kinds of challenges head-on and get the tools you need so you can have the workforce you need. Get your agency ready to keep up with today’s rapid changes.
Acquiring Professional Services to Build a Future-Ready Workforce
February 22, 2023
1 p.m. ET
What is FAST?
The FAST series delivers premier training opportunities for our government and industry partners. FAST attendees can:
- Connect with subject matter experts.
- Showcase GSA tools.
- Learn how to support buyers and sellers.
In the series, we discuss ways to clarify your requirements so you get what you need to meet your mission.
Attend this conference series if you are a:
- Government program manager.
- Government contracting professional.
- Industry partner (current and prospective sellers).
Upcoming training sessions
Additional conference session topics will include:
- March 29: Successfully Acquiring IT Services that Accelerate IT Modernization
- June 28: Building Mission Resilience in Preparation for Emergencies
Mark your calendar for FAST2023, our annual three-day online conference. This year it’s May 16-18, 2023. Our theme is “Building Your Acquisition: Delivering for Today and Preparing for Tomorrow.”
Experience highlights of the FAST2022 three-day conference.