Offers and Modifications in Direct Support of COVID-19 Efforts
The Novel Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic has caused great disruption in supply chains and an unprecedented level of demand for commercial products, services, and solutions to support America’s response to COVID-19. The MAS program is a vital solution for the federal government and other customers to secure the commercial products, services and solutions necessary for responding to the pandemic and ensuring our country is able to reopen as soon and safely as possible.
GSA recently issued Acquisition Letter, MV-21-03 and Supplement 1 [PDF - 245 KB] to further leverage industry resources and capabilities in support of America’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The purpose of this Letter is to temporarily waive three vendor instructions prescribed by the solicitation provision SCP-FSS-001, Instructions Applicable to All Offerors, to facilitate America’s response to the pandemic:
|Solicitation Provision Requirement||SCP-FSS-001 paragraph|
|Possess two (2) years of corporate experience||(j)(2)(i)(A)|
|Relevant Project Experience for each SIN proposed||(j)(2)(iv)|
|Annual financial statements for the previous two years||(j)(1)(v)|
The Letter does not waive or otherwise impact any other requirements for offerors or contractors, outlined in the SCP-FSS-001 provision or any SIN-specific requirements outlined in the MAS solicitation category attachments.
Additionally, the Letter does not diminish a Contracting Officer’s overarching responsibilities, such as:
- Determining fair and reasonable pricing
- Ensuring an offeror’s compliance with solicitation requirements, and
- Making a responsibility determination in accordance with FAR subpart 9.1
Eligibility and Requirements
The Letter applies to all MAS large categories, subcategories and SINs under the following circumstances:
- New offerors proposing commercial products, services and/or solutions that directly support COVID-19 efforts
- Existing MAS contractors adding service SINs that directly support COVID-19 efforts
The Letter does not apply to:
- Offers and modifications that include products, services and solutions that do not directly support COVID-19 efforts
- VA MAS for medical equipment, supply, pharmaceutical and services
Submitting an Offer or Modification under MV-21-03
What does a company need to do in order for the waiver to apply to their offer/modification request?
The Offeror/Existing Contractor must:
- Upload a Cover letter with the required statement and explanation in the offer or modification request in order to be reviewed using the procedures outlined in MV-21-03.
- Include the following statement in the cover letter of the offer/modification request:
“<Insert Company Name> confirms that Acquisition Letter MV-21-03 applies to this offer/modification request as it only includes products, services, and/or solutions that directly support COVID-19 efforts.”
- Provide an explanation on how the proposed products, services and/or solutions directly support COVID-19 efforts. Note: There are several websites to reference when researching whether your proposed products, services and/or solutions are being procured to support COVID-19 efforts, such as USASPENDING.gov.
- Companies must submit a stand alone modification request to add SINs, products, services or solutions that are not directly related to COVID-19.
What documents can a company provide when submitting under this authority, in lieu of financial statements?
FAR 9.104-1 requires a contractor to have adequate financial resources to perform the contract or the ability to obtain them. Companies can submit any, or all of the following documents with their offer:
- Evidence of a bank line of credit or credit from the Small Business Administration
- Evidence of an irrevocable letter of credit
- Bank references or statements
- Other documentation that demonstrates company has adequate financial resources
- Contractors under this authority are not prohibited from submitting financial statements or project experience to support offerings. However, the CO may not require the offeror do so as part of the offer.
When submitting an Offer or Modification under this authority, how do I navigate the eOffer/eMod system requirements?
|When prompted to:||Upload and or state the following
|Enter years of corporate experience||Enter the required information|
|Add a Project Experience for a SIN||
Upload a pdf or word document with the following statement (or comparable)
Requirement is temporarily waived by Acquisition Letter, MV-21-03 as the offered services and/or solutions directly support COVID-19 efforts
|Complete the Project Experience fields||
Enter the following statement in required fields
Requirement waived by Acquisition Letter, MV-21-03
|Upload Financial Documents||
Upload documents that demonstrate adequate financial resources to perform the contract or the ability to obtain them
Include the following statement (or comparable) if not submitting two (2) years of Financial Statements:
Requirement to submit two (2) years of Financial Statements is temporarily waived by Acquisition Letter, MV-21-03 as the offered products, services and/or solutions directly support COVID-19 efforts
|Upload Documents||Upload Cover Letter with required statement and explanation|